New Rules

It's been five years since Will was rescued from the Upside Down, but, more importantly to Michael Wheeler, it's been five years since Eleven disappeared.

Ask anyone and they'll tell you Mike was never the same after El left. He became depressed and sad.

Sure he continuely said he was fine, but he wasn't. His world felt like it was ripped away back in 1983.

Even after everyone else gave up searching for the mysterious girl with a number for a name, Mike never did.

No matter how much his friends-minus Will who refused to talk about the subject-tried to convince him Eleven was dead, Mike wouldn't believe them.

Until finally he couldn't take it anymore. He eventually faded away from the group, and made a 360°, trying anything to forget about her.

He became one of the worst people in school, even worse than Steve. Actually he made Steve Harrington look like a saint.

But what happens when sixteen-year-old Jane Hopper, who looks quite like El, shows up at school one morning with Will Byers?

Will Mike recognise Eleven? Will she still like him after everything she hears about the new Mike Wheeler?

(Better than it sounds. I promise.)

Note: all characters are sixteen/seventeen in this and the year is 1988.

Dedicated to Aubrey/Nilli for the push to publish this - Izzy