Chapter 5

Questions and Doubt raced through Jane's head as they drove down the road. Did she honestly want to do this? Did she want to admit to him who she was? What if Troy was wrong, and Mike really is a jerk like her friends said. 

"Hey, you alright?" Mike asked, boldly reaching down and grabbing her hand-which rested on her lap. "James... He didn't do more than I saw, did he?" 

Even though he couldn't see her, Jane shook her head. "No, but he would have if you hadn't showed up." She answered. 

"What were you doing alone at the party?" Mike questioned further. 

"I came with Troy-just as friends-and somehow we got separated." The brunette replied, glancing over at the boy as they pulled into a driveway. 

"Where are we?" Jane got out of the car and swiftly caught up as Mike opened a back door. 

"My house." Mike shrugged. "You wanted somewhere quiet, and well my sister is in town so my parents are visiting her. I figured this would be the quietest place around." He rambled unsure.

Dammit! Jane thought, The family dinner with Jonathan was tonight.
Her parents were going to kill her, but nevertheless Jane smiled. "Yeah, yeah, that's fine." She assured, stepping into the warm basement. A basement the brunette remembered well.

An uncontrollable smile rose to her lips when she saw the small fort still up and intact. After all these years he had kept it up. The truth burning deeper and pressing to be told. 

"Mike," She spoke softly. 

Mike stiffened, He had been watching her observe everything with a knowing smile. Something about this girl made him miss Eleven even more. Sometimes he even thought Jane was El. But that was just wishful thinking for El was and had been dead for years now. 

"Mike?" The brunette tried again. 

"What is it, Jane?" Mike wasn't looking at her now, but at the fort. 

"I need to tell you something important." This time she was the one to be bold be taking his hand in hers, gaining his full attention. 

Slowly, Jane turned their hands so the underside was showing; more importantly the 011 tattoo showed stark against her pale skin. 

Mike sucked in a breath. "Is this a dream?" He breathed in disbelief. 

Jane shook her head, a small laughing escaping. "Not this time." She answered, her voice barely above a whisper. 

It was extremely hard for either of them to believe this was happening after dreaming time and time again of this moment.

"Eleven?" Mike pulled her flush against him, making it hard to breath-not that they cared.

"I'm here, Mike." She said, a tear rolling down her cheek. "I'm finally home."

They pulled away after a while. "I've missed you so much." Mike whispered. "Where have you been?"

"So much has happened, Mike." Jane wrapped her arms around his neck. "But mainly Hopper and Joyce thought it'd be safer inside." 

"Hopper and Joyce?" He echoed. "You've been hidden in Will's house this whole time?" He didn't sound mad at her but at her parents. "Our siblings got married. How did I not see you?"

"Dad didn't let me go to the wedding. I think he was afraid I'd see you." She answered truthfully. "But that doesn't matter now."

"You're right." Mike agreed. "What does matter is that you are here now."

Jane laughed. "Can I ask a strange request?" 

"I doubt anything is that strange coming from you." Mike joked. "Go ahead." Instead of actually asking anything, Jane kissed him. 

immediately Mike responded, wrapping him arms around her waist. This kiss was nothing like their first kiss, this one was heated and passionate. He sat down on the couch and quickly pulled Jane into his lap. 

"Hey, Mike..." Nancy trailed off, staring wide eyed as the two pulled apart. "Jane?"

"Jane?" A voice repeated, coming downstairs quickly.

Jane closed her eyes, praying that voice didn't belong to who she thought it did. But, of course, it did.

"Jane Eleven Hopper, would you like to explain what's going on?" Jonathan demanded. "Or should I continue to make my own conclusions."

Jane bit her lip. "Nothing is going on. We just kissed." She shrugged. "It's not a big deal."

"Yeah, well I think it would have been if Nance hadn't come down here." Jonathan shook his head. "I don't know what was going on, but I definitely don't like it. Let's go, and maybe I won't tell Dad"

"No." Mike tightened his grip on her. "Not again. You aren't taking El from me again." He stated roughly. 

"Mike-"

"I agree with him, Nancy." Jane nodded. "I've been kept locked in a house for five years. I've waited all this time to see him, and I'm not leaving because Jon is mad."

"We'll see about that, young lady." Jonathan threatened.