Chapter 11

//Final sad chapter\\

"It's impossible to worry about anything else when there's blood coming out of you"

"Mama!" Jane ran through the house to where her mother Terri sat watching Family Feud. "Mama." She fell onto her knees in front of her, holding her hand. Of course, Terri only stared off into space but Jane knew Mama still knew. 

Behind her someone cleared their throat. "My gosh, look at you." Aunt Becky shook her head. "All grown up." She embraced her niece happily. 

"Hey, Becky." The girl sighed, relieved to be here. 

Papa had dropped her off, and left by now for it was clear the brunette wasn't going home. 

Jane, herself, was beyond confused. She loved Mike more than anything, and as much as he hurt her, Jane still wanted him. It was a feeling she couldn't shake. After all hate and love are the same emotion. 

Her hope was Becky would have advice on what to do, seeing as she couldn't go to Joyce for help. Especially not right now. 

"Did you need something?" Becky broke the newly settled silence.

Jane nodded, worrying at her bottom lip. "I...um... I got myself in some trouble with a boy, and no matter what he does I still want it to be him holding me at night." She confessed. "Sometimes I think I'm going crazy." 

Becky laughed. "If you're insane, then every girl ever is." She said with a smile. "Sounds like you love him. Give the guy a break, Jane, maybe you'll find he's not so bad after all." 

A slight smile formed on Jane's lips. "I'll give that a thought."

"Good, now go get some sleep." Becky shooed her. "School's still at eight." She sent the brunette to her old bedroom. 

Jane laid down, looking over at the old crib that should have been hers, absentmindedly placing a hand to her stomach. Her mind replaying Becky's word: Give him a break

****

The next day Jane wore one of Becky's old flowing dresses to school. The intent of talking with Mike etched into her brain. Little did she know what Dustin would tell her upon entering the school.

"Jane!" Dustin's panicked voice practically screamed as he came to a halt by her locker. "I need to tell you something." His eyes were wide and his breathing uneven.

"Well what is it then?" Jane pressed. Never in a millions did she expect the word that came in response. 

"Mike-" Dustin paused to catch his breath. "Mike tried to kill himself last night." 

The book Jane had been holding clattered to the floor with a soft thud. "Wh-what?" She stuttered, praying to have heard him wrong. "Is he okay?"

"Yeah, they just released him from the hospital. Although, he said something about you to Holly before he lost consciousness. I figured you should know." Dustin replied. 

Words weren't forming correctly in the girl's mind at the moment. She needed to see him, make sure he was alive for herself. "Is he at home?" She questioned. 

Dustin nodded. "Go. I'll tell the office for you."

"Thank you." Jane rushed out, and ran for the entrance.

****

She didn't bother knocking once she got there. It was clear no one else was home. "Mike?" She called out, wandering farther into the house. "Where are you?" She ascended the stairs quickly.

Jane pushed his bedroom door open to find him lying on the bed, both wrists bandaged. "Oh, Mike." She whispered. 

The curly haired boy moved his head to look at her. "Jane." Mike sounded a million miles away. 

"Look at you." Jane sat on the edge of the bed, taking one of his hand in hers. "You're a mess, Wheeler." She giggled softly before bringing his hand to her lips and placing a kiss on the bandaged wrist. 

"You make me a mess." Mike sighed. "I'm so so sorry."

"Listen trying to commit suicide isn't cool, especially over a fight, so don't think it's right." Jane scolded lightly. "Why'd you do it?" 

"There seemed to be nothing in life to look forward to." Mike stated dully. "You made it clear that you hated me, and I couldn't bare that." 

Jane shook her head. "I don't hate you. I wanted to, I really did, but I just can't seem to." She was being completely obvious. "I was actually going to apologize at school today for what happened when Dustin told me the news."

"So you still love me?" Mike asked hopefully. 

"Yes, but if you ever pull something like this again. I'll put you in the grave myself." Jane bent to kiss him. "I wanna make something clear," She said quietly, their lips only inches from each other. "I'm not doing because of what you attempted." With that she connected their lips. 

Mike kissed back immediately, wrapping an arm around her, pulling the brunette closer. As the kiss deepened, Jane slid his arm from her waist to her stomach. 

Mike's eyes shot open, a look of shock shadowing his face-making her smile as they broke apart. "You definitely have something to look forward to." She announced. "Something that is going to need you there." 

"How long have you known?" Mike asked in a low voice. 

"A little over three months." Jane replied. "I was scared to tell you."

Mike shook his head. "Never be scared to tell me anything." He pulled her close again. "Especially not when it's about that."

Jane laid her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. "Promise me this is forever." She said after a moment or two.

"I promise." Mike laced their fingers together, placing them in between them. "No more interruptions." He kissed her head. 

"No more interruptions." She agreed sleepily. "Just us." 

"Us against the world." He nodded. "Us three, that is."

Okay all the crying and drama is officially over. Mileven is and happy.  
Yes, I am aware suicide is not to be taken lightly nor made a joke of. I know from personal experience, and am in no way romanticizing the idea of it. I apologize if you got the idea I was. - Izzy