Chapter 4

The party was being held at Troy's friend James' house. Jane was pretty sure James was around when she was, but she decided not to ask.

Only one flaw could be found in their plan: Jane had never been to a teenage party, nor around teenagers in general.

The scene was already crazy when they showed up. People everywhere with red solo cups in hand, or making out against cars-and literally any other surface. Music poured out the windows like a waterfall.

"Don't be nervous." Troy said, noting her slightly scared expression. "Remember all you have to do is find Mike, and I'll be here the whole time." He assured.

Inside was even worse. It was louder, steamier, and a cloud of smoke almost encased the room. As someone bumped into her, Jane prayed that this was all worth wild.

Thirty minutes had pasted and still no Mike; even worse she had lost Troy among the crowd. Jane now leaned against the back wall, watching for either familiar face. The people she spotted, although, were not the ones she wanted.

Lucas and Max were making their way toward her, but not because they saw her.

So she did the only thing she could think of: she ran. She ran down a hallway of mainly drunk teens. Choosing a room at random, Jane ducked inside, unaware to the fact someone had followed her.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing hiding back here?" A boy asked, his speech slightly slurred.

"Just wanted away for a second, y'know." Jane lied.

"Funny, you chose my bedroom to do that in." He took a step forward.

She took a step backwards, her back hitting the wall. "So you're James, Troy was telling you about you."

James smiled an uneasy smile. There and then Jane knew she'd screwed up. "Well then," He took another step, closing the distance between them. "Did Troy bring you for me? Because that would be a nice birthday gift." He grabbed her waist harshly.

Before Jane could even blink, his lips were on hers. She pushed at him, but he was stronger than her. She was stuck. Her powers were to weak to fight him. Jane tried to think what Max would do in this situation, but as his lips began to trail her neck her mind froze.

That's when she heard something outside the door. "Help!" She screamed. "Someone, please!" She continued to scream until the door burst open.

"What the hell is going on in here?!" A familiar voice demanded. Jane turned her head, her frightened eyes meeting another brown pair.

"Get the fuck away from her!" Mike shoved James off her and into the wall. "Where the hell are your manners, James?" He questioned, in a voice that was indeed quite scary. "You don't treat girls like this."

"Look who's talking." James sneered.

Mike punched him hard in the face. "You know just as well as I that the rumors are just that." He growled. "Now get out of here before I decided that you need more than a broken nose."

Jame did exactly that, and exited the room quickly.

Mike's facial expression softened as he looked Jane over. "Are you alright?" He asked, pulling her dress strap back up. "Did he....."

"No." She beat him to it. "But he would have."

"You're okay now, Jane, I promise." He held him arms out.

The brunette readily accepted the hug, burring her head in his chest. "Thank you, Mike." She felt him stiffen as she said his name. "Everything OK?"

"Yeah, yeah," Mike tightened his grip around her. "You just reminded me of someone I used to know. Someone who's gone now."

Jane wanted so bad to tell him she was El, but the comforting feeling of him holding her was yelling for her not to ruin it. Since when did she play it safe though?

"Mike?" She said after a few moments.

"Yes, Jane?" He pulled away a little so he could see her tear stained face.

"Can we go somewhere? I really need to tell you something." Jane asked, biting down on her lip nervously.

"Sure we can." Mike nodded. "Where would you like to go?"

"A place where there isn't so much noise, or drunk people would be nice." She smiled lightly.

"I know just the place." He took her hand in his, and started for the back entrance.

They were going someplace both knew so very well. The place where it all began.

Oh my goodness guys, you're amazing. I honestly didn't want to publish this because I was afraid no one would like it. But obviously I was way wrong. Hope this didn't suck. Also dedicated to TheBookofHenry for all the support. - Izzy