19.The Evil Dead

“ I think this is a bad idea”

“ Oh! You need to chill. It’s not gonna be so bad!”

One second later..

“I still think this a bad idea”

“O gwwaad!” Rudra groaned. He sighed and walked over to a very worried looking Anika.

“Anika di” he grasped her shoulders shaking them gently. “for the hundredth time. We aren’t planning a murder! For God’s sake it’s just a horror film!”

Anika sighed cupping her cheeks “ I don’t like horror movies and you forcing me to watch one is just so bad Rudra!” she wailed.

Rudra laughed “oh man up! You are going to love this one”

Anika shook her head “ I am pretty positive that I will either die of a heart attack even before the credits roll. Am telling you Rudy I get nightmares!”

Rudra sighed “Look it’s either watching this awesome movie or you can spend your boring weekend cooped up in your room with your books”

“Can’t we do something else for fun!?”

“Nahhh! This beats it all! This is the ultimate fun you are going to have in you're entire life!”

“I just don’t want it to be the last day of my life”

Rudra looked at her almost pitifully “Well you should've thought that before you let me pick the movie. Now there is no turning back”

“Biggest blunder” she grumbled under her breath as Rudra happily started setting things for the movie.

“What’s going on?” Anika looked up to see Om plopping beside her.

“A movie marathon!” Rudra yelled. Om raised his eyebrows. “Really? Great! what are we watching?”

“ The evil dead!” Rudra spoke in a throaty tone, trying to sound creepy and failing miserably. He clicked off the lights letting only the TV screen illuminate the room. Anika huddled to the corner of the couch wrapping her blanket tightly around her. It was a chilly night and a storm was raging outside.

“Seriously Rudra?” Om asked “Why do you do this to yourself?!”

“Do what Om?” Anika asked.

“He is shit scared of horror films, and screams like a girl through the entire thing, then using the film as an excuse, he crashes either in mine or Shivaay’s room to sleep for months.”

“I do not” yelled Rudra.

“Perfect” Anika said sarcastically.

“I can hold myself and watch a complete film and I won’t even blink”

Omkara scoffed “ yeah right. You literally sat on my lap the last time”

“Don’t know what you are talking about Om”

“Ok. Alright” Anika said standing up clutching her blanket “You boys enjoy the show. Studying seems like the perfect way to spend my weekend, suddenly”

“ no!” Rudra cried.

Anika rolled her eyes “Forget it Rudra am leaving”

“Look the credits are rolling! You can’t leave once the movie starts”

“Says who?”

“Says…umm the curse”

Anika halted “The curse?”