46. Am so sorry

Omkara exhaled, tightening his grip on the steering wheel.

"would you chill already!" krish groaned beside him, his eyes flickered to her and back at the road " am sorry what?"

She shuffled in her seat propping her knees up on the dash board " it's just a competition! Not the end of the world, stop hyperventilating!"

Omkara fake laughed "hyperventilating?! Ppft! Who is hyperventilating?"

She cocked an eyebrow"uhhhh..you?"

"ya right!"

She rolled her eyes looking out the window " yeah, keep telling yourself that"

A beat passed, before Om sighed again " ok! May be am a little tensed" he drawled sheepishly.

" happy realization day" she muttered under her breath.

" look I've never done things like this before!"

" its not a strip tease! Its just a dance for which we've been practicing for over a month! Common!"

He gaped at her " am not going to strip tease in front of anyone!"

She face palmed herself " out of everything I said you are stuck on the strip teasing part?"

Omkara's ears turned red " look am not really an extrovert and getting on a stage and performing in front of millions is ...uh..really not my thing"

She shrugged " well you should've thought it through before you struck the deal. Too late now"

He threw her a worried look. She sighed " you can't back out now Om, not after everything we've been through...you just can't"

They drove in silence. " stop right here" she suddenly said. And he hit the brakes. She unclasped her seatbelt and got out. Om followed.

A chilly breeze swayed the trees gently, Om shivered slightly. "I don't see your home" he told her.

She smiled " I feel like walking the rest of the way"

He looked at the rapidly darkening sky "you sure?"

She chuckled " am a big girl, I can take care of myself, now you head home safely kay?"

He smiled " no matter how big we get we'll always need someone to look after us Krishna"

She rolled her eyes " ok, thanks for my daily dose of philosophy, and its krish"

" I like Krishna"

"whatever" she huffed and mock saluting him whipped around " adios amigo!"

" bye!" he called after her.

Just as he turned back to his car " hey Om!"

He stopped as she jogged up to him "about tomorrow" she breathed.

" what about it?"

" look I know your tensed and all, but see.." she fixed him with a determined look " we can't live in fear right? We've got to just take a breath, and get out there!"

Om cocked his head " we can't live in fear" he repeated.

She nodded " plus if you're going down, am going with you. So win or loose we're in it together, it's a deal" she promised sticking out her hand.

His lips twitched "don't you think we already have way too many deals between us?"

She shrugged. He reached out returning her hand shake. She grinned at him, and his eyes flickered to their hands. His huge rough one around her slender soft one.