7.Midnight GYMNASTICS

Anika's and Dadi's happy chatter was cut off by the loud banging of the front door. Their heads snapped up, just in time as Omkara stormed in, stalking angrily past them.

Their eyes followed him as he disappeared into his room banging that door too.

"Whoa! someone is a bad mood" Anika clicked her tongue shaking her head. Dadi nodded, her brows knitted in worry. She looked at her watch suddenly and gasped " oh! Look what time it is!!! I was supposed to meet some people from the bank"

" the bank Dadi?"

" yeah something about some funds. Ah! It's boring but unavoidable" she got up laughing. Anika smiled at her, she sure was the most rocking Dadi she had ever met.

She looked towards Omkara's room. He seemed, awfully quiet. She sat for a second, recalling his face.

Suddenly she was up and scurrying
into the kitchen. She knew how to fix Omkara's mood.

Few minutes later she was knocking on his door, balancing a tray, containing a drink. Seconds later a very pissed Omkara flung open the door.

"Tadaa!" Anika sang sauntering in without waiting for an invitation.

"Anika...." He started " a special drink for a special person" she interrupted happily.

She walked holding up the tray "won't you try it?"

He sighed " Anika now its really not a good time for this, can we do this later?"

She pursed her lips and lowered her tray "I know your upset Om, I am not blind . I saw how you looked when you walked in here. But anger kept in does more damage than anger that is thrown out. I am not asking you to share with me, am just telling you to calm down and distract yourself, Rather than thinking about it and getting more frustrated." He looked at her, his face blank.

She turned around and placed her tray on a table " I made this drink, it's my special recipe, I drink it when am upset, and it always works for me. I hope it works for you too. Let me know. Okay?" Smiling tightly,
she made her way to the door.

Just as she reached the door. "It works". She whirled around to find Om sipping her drink and smiling at her. Anika broke into a wide grin " see? I told you!" she grinned, walking back into the room.

Om laughed nodding, he sat on his bed and Anika followed suite, sitting comfortably, " So how was your work?" the mere mention of his day clouded his face.

Anika bit her tongue "shit. Wrong question eh?"

"No it's fine" Om reassured, relaxing again "its just that there are some people who are so frustrating that to be around them feels like...like.."

"A migraine?" she completed.

"yeah!! A migraine! Exactly!" And then he started telling her, once he started he couldn't help but pour out his pented up frustration ever since he had met that girl.

The juice shrank lower and lower as Om went on and on about his day. Anika listened, adding her puns where ever necessary.

"Ahhhhhh" Anika clicked her tongue shaking her head, after the story ended." why so arrogant??"

" I don't know!!! I swear I haven't seen her ever before, for her to have something against me!" Omkara exclaimed.

" Can't help it man! Some are just born like that khadoos! Even your brother Mr. Shivay Singh whatever! He is such a khadoo..." she stopped abruptly catching herself in time. She looked up at Omkara dreading his reaction.