6

"How did you get here..?"

I stared at him in confusion but also in shock. We were outside the house standing in front of each other. "That's not the point. You snuck out Minseo. You're brother will be home in minutes!" He freaks out. People around us start looking our way with judging faces. I put both of my hands on his shoulders and push him away.

We went farther away. Then we stopped.
"Listen Youngjae, this party is important...somewhat. You just ruined something back there! Do you realized that?" I argued. "Yeah, you were gonna kiss that guy back there. Question. Why were you going to that?" He tilts his head.

I fold my arms, "That's none of your business."
Youngjae take one of my hands. "Ugh it doesn't matter. We need to go now or else we're both in trouble. I don't care if I have to drag you!" He yanks me. "But..But the party.." I point behind me. "It's just one lousy party. It's not even that good anyway."

He drags me away and we both run all the way back to the house. Like..all the way. It wasn't that far, but it wasn't close either. Youngjae was right. My brother would be back in seconds!!
But we reached the house and thankfully, he wasn't there.

I jumped on the couch and Youngjae sat next to me. As soon as we sat, the door opened. And there was Jaebum. We had to hold in our heavy breaths so it didn't seem like we did anything. "I'm back!" He smiled. I did too and waved. Youngjae stood up. "Was everything alright? You two kind of look out of breath." He grew suspicious.

I shook my head, "Nothing." I gave my best and cutest smile. Jaebum still had his eyes creased and nodded. "Okay..Well, here's your payment Youngjae."
Jaebum gave Youngjae what he owes. "Make sure to be back tomorrow." My brother smiled. "What?" I stood up quickly. "Thank you Mr. Im Jaebum. I'll be going now." Youngjae eye-balled me before leaving.

Jabum sighed and looked back at me. "He'll be back tomorrow." He said, and tried to walk past me, but I stood in his way. "Jaebum..!" I whined.
"I don't need some lousy babysitter! I'm completely fine here by myself." I complain. "Didn't you just say nothing happened? Everything was fine then?" He says in a nagging voice.
I lower my shoulders. "Well, babysitters still suck." I add as Jaebum walked away.

It's the next day. Youngjae had came back and Jaebum already left for his stupid job. I sat on the couch, pouting. "What's wrong?" Youngjae asks. "You." I roll my eyes.

"What did I do?" He points to himself. "You think I wanted a babysitter in the first place!" I sat up and complained.

"Aish..you're so annoying."

"You're ruining everything!"

"What? You getting in trouble. Is that what i'm ruining?"

"Yes Youngjae. Exactly."

"Why can't you just accept this. Your brother-"

"My brother isn't even here! Just..leave me alone!"

Youngjae stared at me with a tired face. He sighed and sat back on the couch. "Okay." He simply said. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I went to my bedroom.
I crashed onto my bed. Maybe I can just stay up here the whole time?
It's been hours and it felt like i've been in my room forever. Sometimes I found myself walking around in circles trying to find something to do. I was so bored and it felt like i've been in my room for days.

I yearned for something...not-so-boring.

I finally opened the door out of my room. I checked the time. My brother won't be back for a while. I'm glad I decided to escape my room the time I did. I slowly and quietly went down the stairs. Youngjae was in the kitchen getting a snack.

I was surprised he didn't come up to check up on me in all that time.

He didn't even look at me when I was right there.

He just simply walked past me. Was he upset from earlier? He took his snack and sat back on the couch. He was watching Tv.

I walked over to him and stood in front of his view. "Hey, Youngjae. Let's do something. I'm bored." I folded my arms. No answer. He moved his head to the side to see the Tv behind me. I only stood in his way. "Hey! Am I invisible? Answer you punk."

No answer, he just continued to eat his snack. I lowered my shoulders. "Are you mad from what happened earlier? Is that it?" I tilt my head. He only shook his, signaling a 'no'.
I stood up straight. "Then what is it?"

"You told me to leave you alone. So that's what i'm doing." He finally spoke. I sighed and looked away. Yeah...I did say that. It was definitely my fault. But he didn't have to go this far..sheesh.
"Well I don't want to be left alone anymore. It's boring." I mutter, my pride trying to hold back my words.

Youngjae chuckled. He looked up at me, and he shook his hand at me like he was fanning himself, but he wasn't. "Come here."