53

"Youngjae..i'm leaving tomorrow.."

I say softly. It was silent on the other line. There was no sound to be heard. I decided I should maybe explain myself before Youngjae shouts at me.

"Uh, I was only supposed to be here for three days for work. I wasn't moving back here or staying or anything. I have to go back for work."

I was alone on the elevator. It was still silent over the line. I bit my bottom lip, hesitant for his response.

"So you're leaving.." He finally says. His tone no longer in that happy Youngjae tone. "Not now! But tomorrow morning! We can still go to that amazing restaurant you said I would like-"

"You're leaving again.."

I sighed sadly.

"Oh Youngjae..what do you expect me to do?" I look around. "I expect you to stay. I thought you seeing me after all these years you'd want to stay."

I do want to stay. I don't wanna leave.

"But..my job-"

"Right. Your job. It's fine then, since you have to leave for tomorrow morning you must need to pack. Don't worry about that restaurant, it's closing down next month anyway.."

I could've cried.

"Youngj-"

"I'm hanging up..!" He says, faking a happy tone. I squeezed my phone in my hands and then shut my eyes. Every single time there's always something to pull us apart..

The elevator dinged and the door opened. I stood still. I didn't move. My mind cluttered with thoughts. If I leave, I leave Youngjae again. That'll crush us. Especially him. If I stay, I won't be able to work at my job, lose my apartment, and everything I did to get this position.

I'd have to start all over again.

But I want to be apart of Youngjae's life. But I also have a life of my own. Argghhhh!

Before the elevator door could shut, I stormed through and all the way to my room. When I got there, I slammed the door shut. My back slid down the door and I sat on the floor. I'm exhausted. That's when my phone rung again.

It's Jaebum. I stared at the contact with tears filling my eyes. Then I pressed the answer button.

Youngjae

I threw my phone across my room. I was sitting on my bed, but then I let my back fall flat and I rubbed my hands through my eyes. Minseo is driving me crazy with this, leaving over and over again.

I groaned. I really can't lose her again this time. I thought she'd feel the same way but all she keeps talking about is this stupid job.

Then my room door barged open. "Youngjae I need to- Uhm..you okay?" It was Sohee. I sighed. Sohee's always busy. She wouldn't understand right? I don't know. She has kids and a husband to take care of.

"Yeah. Perfect." I say with a fake smile. Sohee could see it, then sighed and shut my door behind me. She laid her back on my room wall and folded her arms.

"Okay..tell me about it." She said. I sat up. "But, it's kinda personal. Would you even understand m-"

"Youngjae. I have two kids. One is a teenager and another is a preteen. I think I can understand anything."

I nodded. That's right.

Then I sighed again,

"It's just..Okay so there's this girl, i've met her already in my lifetime a long time ago as teenagers. We fell in love, started dating, but she moved away so we had to break up and..now I see her again after years. But she's leaving. Repeating everything from before.."

"..And you feel like you can't let her go anymore." Sohee finished my sentence. I stared at her blankly,

"How did you.."

"I was once a teenager too.." Sohee pouted. I held my head down and put my hands together.

"Listen Youngjae, follow your heart. If you can't seem to let this girl go then don't. Because you'll regret it if you do. If you really didn't want her to go, you'd do whatever it takes to keep her. Just do what you have to." She explains.

Wow. If I knew Sohee could talk so well like this I would've made her my therapist.
I nodded.

I know what I have to do. I'm not staying. I'm going with her. I'm going to live with her in her new town. If she has to leave, then i'm going too.

Minseo

Earlier
"Hello Jaebum?" I say weakly. "Minseo??? Why didn't you answer my calls for two days?? Did everything work out? Did they vote??" Jaebum went on.

"Yeah..I guess i'm boss now." I say with no enthusiasm. Jaebum cheered. "Yes! Yes!" I heard over the line.

I let my head rest on the door behind me. "Aw well, make sure you come back home tomorrow early. We can get started with work right away!" He says excitedly.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Jaebum.."

"What..? Yes..? Are you okay? Is it too exciting? You must be in shock right now. Haha.."

"I'm not.."

"Huh?"

"I'm not going. I mean i'm not going to work. I'm not going back there. I'm staying. With Youngjae.