28

"Uh...noo?"

I say unsure. Jaebum stared into my face. Oh no.
He can easily tell if i'm lying or not. It's somehow a superpower of his. But it ticks me off.

So of course he's gonna know. Sigh.

Just waiting for him to get mad and fire Youngj-

"Okay! Good enough for me! He can come."
Jaebum says happily and walk past me. My jaw dropped. Wait w-what?

I turn around to Yugyeom. And he looks just as shocked as me. He let both of his arms fall to his sides. "Well that was easy." He said. I was still speechless.

Why in the world would Jaebum suddenly just agree with me like that? He stared into my soul so he knew very well I was lying. Then what the heck? You know what, I won't even complain. My cute lil sunshine is coming with me!!

Oh wow.

That sounded really cheesy.

What is Youngjae doing to me, seriously.

But anyway, I quickly swiped my phone and was calling him immediately. "I'm gonna call him." I say, tapping buttons on my screen. "Make it quick." Yugyeom says and plops back down on the couch.

Finally, the number is dialing. I stuck my phone to my ear. I couldn't wait to hear his voice again. Even being without it for a second made me anxious.

I started pacing around in circles. It answered on the fourth ring.
"Youngjae!!!" I squeaked.

Yugyeom looked up at me with a shocked face and mouthed, "What the heck.."

I stayed quiet.

"Minseo? Now's not really a good time." Youngjae says over the line. "What? Are you okay?" I asked, my voice turned from excited to concerned.

"I'm at the police station."

Even though those were small words, it was enough to make me panic.

"Oh my gosh Youngjae what did you do??? What happened? Are you okay?? Don't worry i'm on my way!!"

"Wait Mins-"

I hung up. I grabbed Jaebum's keys, and ran to the door, but he stopped me in my tracks.

"Where do you think you're going?" Jaebum asks from the kitchen. I turned around.

"Youngjae's in trouble. He needs my help."

"What are you, strong woman Do Bong Soon?"

I rolled my eyes. He sighed, "Well you still can't drive, and i'm tired." He says. Where'd all his excitement go from earlier???

"I'll take her.." Yugyeom stood up. "..I just got my license yesterday." He took it out of his back pocket and held it up to show Jaebum. "Really..why didn't you tell me?" I turn to him.

He shrugged. "I forgot."

Jaebum had a coffee mug in his hand. "Fine. But be careful and make it quick. And no messing around!" He points at us.

I smile and nod. "Sure thing."
Me and Yugyeom turn around and head out the door. We went straight to the car. Yugyeom got in the drivers seat and I, in the passengers.

He stuck the car keys in the ignition and it roared to life.

Yugyeom put one hand on the steering wheel, also looking super cool.

"Okay, so where's this jerk?" Yugyeom asks. "Police station."

"What??!"

I shrug and look at him. Yugyeom looks to the road and shook his head. "I knew that blockhead was up to no good."

I chuckled, "I'm never up to any good. I think i'm rubbing off on him." I say.

We got to the station. Not many people are here. That's perfect. I wasted no time running in there and looking for him.

We were in the building. A bunch of police were walking around. We kept walking around looking. It didn't take long before I saw him. Actually I only saw the back of him.

But I recognized his hair and structure.

I went to him and called his name, "Youngjae!" I squeaked.

The guy stood up and turned around. I knew it. It was him. I went up to him. Yugyeom behind me. I hugged him tightly. Both my arms around his neck, his arms around my waist.

But Yugyeom must've gave Youngjae a death glare behind me or something, because he slowly raised the hands that were on my waist, to my upper back.

We released the hug. Then I hit him on the shoulder, "What did you do?!" I scolded.

He held onto the spot where I hit him. "It wasn't me! I tried to tell you that but you hung up. It was Jinyoung." Youngjae explains.

I lowered my shoulders. "Oh."

Right after that, a police officer with Jinyoung came out. It looked like they were releasing him. They walked over by us. We smiled at the officer and he walked away, leaving him.

Then I hit Jinyoung.

"What did you do?!"

"Ah! I'm sorry.."

Youngjae chuckled. Yugyeom stood behind me on his phone. Youngjae noticed him. He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "What's he doing here..?"

"He drove me here." I answered as Youngjae stood straight. "Plus he's been my best friend since childhood, so be nice." I say.

He bunched his lips to the side.

"Can we go home please, it reeked in the cell. I'd like to take 7 showers." Jinyoung commented.

We all turned to Jinyoung. I smiled and nodded,

"Okay let's go!"