43

This time...I didn't say anything..

 I just stood there, staring into Youngjae's eyes. I couldn't think so I didn't. My mouth was open a bit. Then, I started walking backwards very slowly. I closed my mouth. We were staring at each other like how we always did.

 But I felt something different from last time. I can't explain what was going on in my head. It was like scribble scratch you did as a kid. Chaotic.

 Soon I had no expression on my face and turned around. My back was facing him and I started to walk away. I actually walked away without saying anything. No crying. No headache. No show.

 Just a lump in my throat that I was unable to express. No more questions. No more thinking. If this is what he wants then..no more Youngjae.

 Youngjae's POV

 I was sitting at the kitchen counter on a stool. Jinyoung was playing a video game in his room upstairs. He had headphones on so he wouldn't have heard if I called him. I was thinking about what Jaebum said.

 I can understand where he's coming from. No matter how I think about it, long distance relationships never work. We miss everything. From prom, new friends..

 And as beautiful as Minseo is, another guy would come along and replace me quickly. But even still, as she's leaving, it'd still hurt her if we do a long distance relationship. She'll go back to her rebellious self.

 I was reading the texts she sent me. It seems as though Jaebum had told her. She texted she was on her way. I guess she's sneaking out again.

 How can I get Minseo to really detach from me?

 If I broke up with her, she'd be lost for words. She would basically hate me. But I guess that's what Jaebum wants.

 How am I gonna be able to go through with that?

 Then, next thing I know I hear the door knock. I looked in it's direction, stood, and went to answer. As expected, it was her.

 She was out of breath from running. And she looked up at me with those big doe eyes that could stop time.

 She started freaking out and going on and on. She was panicking.

 "Minseo.."

 She still ran off..ignoring me. I can't watch this..

 "Minseo.."

 Still being ignored.

 "Minseo..!" I put both my hands on her shoulders, then took them away. They fell to my side but started shaking.

 I couldn't look at her while doing this so I looked anywhere else. She'll never understand how hard it is for me to do this..

 "I think..."

 Minseo stood there, staring at me. I could see the intense stare though the corners of my eyes. Deep breaths...this is what Jaebum wants..it's for her own good..

 "I think we should break up."

 Her mouth opened. She stared. I started looking at her now. And I waited for her response. Was she gonna say she finally hated me? Was she gonna brush it off like the other things? What was she going to say?

 Minseo started walking backwards away from me. I swear I could hear glass shattering in my chest.

 Our eyes never lost contact. Hers didn't even fill with tears like I would expect. That's the reason why I couldn't look her in the eye.

 I can't stand to see her cry or tear up.

 But she didn't.

 She just walked backwards. Her face became expressionless and honestly it was kinda scary.
Minseo turns around and leaves. No words. No tears. No answer.

 I bit my bottom lip and watched her go. My hand reached out for her, because I wanted to quit and say that it was all Jaebum's plan and that I actually really didn't wanna do it. But was it too late?

 I pulled my hands back slowly. It went to my side. I sighed and held my head down. Soon I backed away and shut my door. I stood there. I didn't move. All I did was regret and regret. The picture of her expressionless face in my mind would give me nightmares.

 I've never seen her that way. Suddenly Jinyoung stomps down the stairs behind me.

 "What's up Youngj- Oh..uhm..weird. Why're you standing at the door like that you freak." Jinyoung scoffs from the kitchen. I didn't answer.

 "Did Youngjae get possessed? Oh my gosh aliens are real.." He came up behind me and then put his hand on my shoulder.

 "But seriously you okay?"

 I didn't answer for a second. I just stood there, not moving.

 "I...broke up with Minseo..."

 Jinyoung's eyes went big, then he smirked, but then he creased his eyebrows. '"But why? She's perfect and you guys were all obsessed with each other.." (Note my Youngjae ff The Obsession)

 "She's gone now.." I mumble. "Well you're weird. But at least I got a shot now." Jinyoung turned around and headed for the kitchen.

 "Jinyoung. I'll be in my room. Don't call me, don't knock, and please..don't ask me if i'm okay or make me talk about it."