16

"What....?"

I said those words so soft. Wait..Minseo is dating Jackson??? What? When did this happen?? Is that why she was so nervous earlier?? The kiss? Just because she had a boyfriend? Why didn't she tell me? Was she cheating?? Oh no..was I apart of a cheating act? I think i'm overthinking.

"Yeah..so, what're you doing here Youngjae?" He puts his hands in his jacket pockets. "Uhm.." I look down to my shoes. I hear footsteps behind me get closer. "Jackson?" I hear Minseo's voice say on side of me. "Babe..! I was so worried about you. You just left me hanging on the phone." Jackson said and stared deeply into Minseo's eyes.

Just like I would stare at her...

She held her head down. "Sorry..I had left the cupcakes in the oven."
Hm. She didn't deny that he was her boyfriend. "Wow..Minseo? Apologizing? Hah..you must be really into me." Jackson says smugly.

I snarl. Jackson gets on my last nerve everytime. "You wanna go out now? Or.."He added. "No.." Minseo shook her head, "..I have to stay home. Sorry."
"Are you avoiding me?"

"No I swear...I just-"

"She just doesn't wanna go Jackson." I cut in. He shrugs, "Okay, okay. I'll call you." He says. "Okay." She nodded. Jackson looks at me and fakes a smile, then walks away. I shut the door. Minseo just stood there. I was so pissed.

I looked at her with no emotion, then walked past her. But she grabbed my arm. "Hey! What's up with you?" She asks, like she changed person.
I don't even look back at her, I just swipe my arm away from her hand and continue walking. "Wha- Are you mad at me?" She shouts behind me. I go to the kitchen and check on the cupcakes.

"You should study for the next year." I say, plainly. Minseo groans and walks towards me. "Youngjae! You're unbelievable." She complained. Then she walked away and went upstairs to her room. I shook my head. But as soon as I heard the door shut, I heard it open back up again. Minseo was coming back downstairs and came next to me.

"Okay Youngjae, i'm not gonna ignore you any longer. Please just tell me what's wrong?" She folded her arms. "You never told me you had a boyfriend." I mumbled.
"He literally just told me were dating a few seconds ago. It's not a big deal." She snaps. I look at her with no emotion with cupcakes on a plate, then I walk past her.

She follows.

"Youngjae..!!!" She whined. She then jumped in front of me. "Please..just..don't ignore me. Please." She pleaded. I sigh. "I'm still mad at you. You should've told me you were dating someone." I say.

"Why would it matter?"

"So I don't accidentally fall for you." I say honestly. I was so pissed I didn't care what I said. She stared at me in shock. Nervousness spread all over her face.
I sigh and try to walk past her, but I bump into something and a box full of pictures fall to the ground. "Sh-"

I put the cupcakes down and bent to get the pictures. Minseo stared at the pictures with no emotion on her face. I just picked up the pictures slowly. I looked up at her, I could see her eyes watering. "What is it?" I ask. Then I look at the pictures. It was her! But as a kid.
But this was different.

I didn't see I'm Jaebum, or their parents, or anyone. It was her and other little girls. They stood in front of a building, which had a title. I squinted at it, and it read,

Busan Orphanage For Girls

I was speechless. Then I looked back up at her, she was crying silently. Tears falling but her face had no expression. She bent down slowly and picked up a few. I stared at her. "Minseo, is this you..?" I ask. Dumb question.

Her lip quivers and she wipes a tear. I could see the pain in her eyes.
"I-I'll pick these up now! I-I'm not mad at you anymore Minseo!" I panic. I pick all of them up quickly, but Minseo stopped me by grabbing my arm.

I looked at her. She then grabbed a few. And stood up and walked away, I was so confused.
"Wait, Minse-"

The door opens. It's Im Jaebum. "Uh Youngjae? Why're you on the floor?" He asks, shutting the door behind him. "U-Uh.."

"Stand up." He smiles. I do as i'm told, still concerned about Minseo. "Here's your payment for the end of the week."
He hands me an envelope. I nod. "Thank you..uh, what's wrong with Minseo?" I ask him. "What do you mean? Nothing." He shakes his head.

I scratch my head. "Why? What's wrong." He asks. "N-Nothing. Uh, bye." I say and walk past him and left. I ran home, I wanted to text her immediately.

Me: Minseo?

Me: Are you there?

Me: pls answer

Me: I'm sry if I made u upset

Me: what were those pictures

Me: Minseo answer me!

Me: Minseo?

Me: I'm sorry

Me: pls just answer