chapter 12

Sorry. Last chapter was short! This one will be longer!:) Oh! I messed up with the crips. It's going to be surenos! 

------------------------------------------------

I sat on Jay's bed playing with my fingers nervously. Why am I nervous? I can't get nervous! This is crazy! Why am I here? Why did I go to Jay's place? I don't know! Ugh! So much stress! I blacked out somehow and entered darkness.

I woke up under a confy blanket. I yawned and stretched. I rolled to my left and fell of the bed. Dang. I got up and looked around. Hey. I'm in Jay's room. How did I get here? I thought about it. Oh yeah! I drove here! For what though? I forgot. Dang. I entered his restroom and washed my face. 

I got out and left his room. I walked down the stairs and entered the living room. I found Jay watching tv on the couch. I smiled.

"Hey babe." Jay said smiling at me. 

"Hey babe." I said. 

I sat down next to him on the couch and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I layed my head on his shoulder. I breathed in his scent. 

"Babe. Where were you today? You just disapeared." Jay said.

I looked at him. Huh? Oh yeah! 

"I needed some air. Too much thoughts in my head that kept bothering me." I said truthfully.

"What's bothering you?" He asked.

Here goes nothing.

"People keep on telling me to keep you out of trouble but I can't control who you are." I said. I left a couple of things out but oh well.

"I know babe. I'm a trouble maker. Trouble follows me or I cause trouble anywhere." Jay said.

I sighed. Why? I don't know. How am I going to tell him about the other gang? Surenos? Something like that. 

"Do you have a secret that I don't know of?" I asked without thinking.

"Secret? What kind of secret? Everyone has secrets." Jay said.

"People keep telling me if you told me and I'll be like tell me what? And they just leave without telling me." I said with a sigh.

That's true! I hate it!

"Babe. Everyone has secrets." He said.

"I know but it looks like everyone knows the same secret except me." I said in defeat.

If he won't tell me then I won't tell him about Joe? Something like that.

"I know cause everyone finds out on their own. I'm giving you a heads up, don't mess with anyone except our friends." Jay warned. I nodded.

"Do you know anyone named Joe?" I asked. 

I need to know. This is bothering me like hell. I felt him tense up.

"Someone. How do you know him?" Jay asked.

"When I left the school. I bumped into him at the park." I said.

****

I got home and locked the doors. I got in my house and found my mom sitting on the couch. Why is she on the couch? Shouldn't she be cooking dinner? I checked the time and it was 9:30. Dang. I'm going to be introuble. I entered the kitchen and opened the microwave. A plate with lasagna was there, ready for me to eat it. Aww. 

I missed dinner to eat this. I microwaved it for a minute and grabbed a fork. It beeped and I took the plate out. I set it down on the counter and started eating it. I haven't heard my mom speak or say a word and that got me worried. I left my food and entered the living room.