chapter 14

I sat down in a chair next to my moms bed. She was still unconcious. I cried some more. Minutes later, I heard the door open. I looked at the direction of the door and saw Chris enter. She looked sad as hell. I sighed.

"Hoe's she doing?" Chris asked.

"She hasn't moved and the doctor said she's fine." I said looking down.

"That's good." She said.

Chris sat down and silence entered the room. I looked at my mom and she stirred. I shot up fast and pressed the button for the nurse. I smiled brightly.

"Chris! She stirred!" I said loudly.

The nurse came in before Chris can say something. I looked at my mom again and her eyes were open.

"Mommy." I said tearfully.

"Ma'am. Can you wait outside? I have to do some testing." The nurse told me and Chris.

I nodded and left the room. I looked at Chris and she was smiling. We both got out of the room and waited outside. I was happy. She stirred. I hope she wakes up all the way. Minutes of waiting patiently felt like hours. I felt really nervous. What if she doesn't wake up? Ever? I don't know what I will do if she doesn't wake up.

The nurse came out. I got infront of her.

"Is my mom awake?" I asked.

The nurse smiled. "Yes. You can visit her now."

I rushed inside the room and looked at my mom. She smiled at me and my vision went blurry. I hugged her fast and cried. She soothed my back and soothed me with soft words. I finally pulled away and smiled brightly at her. She smiled back at me too.

****

I sat on down and layed my head on my desk. I closed my eyes and heard a squealing. I groaned and looked up to find Kourtney smiling brightly up at me. I chuckled and smiled back. 

"Liz! We need to hang out! It's been a while!" She squealed.

True. True. It has been awhile. I've been busy with my mom. Jay was with me half the time and I was thankful even though we hang out everyday after school. It's funny how I always forget I pierced my lip until someone points it out. Then, I'd play with it, and forget about it when I'm done. Funny right? Back to Kourtney!

"Sure thing. I'll text Jay I'll be hanging out with you after school....." I said somehow zoning out.

Why am I zoning out? I don't know but my attention was back to Kourtney when I heard her giggling at my zoning out. I looked at her.

"Nice face." She commented.

I stuck my tongue at her and we both laughed. She sat down next to me and the teacher started teaching something. For some reason, I've been zoning out. Why am I zoning out? I need to concentrate. But when I concentrate, I zone out. Something must be wrong with me...... Eh. Forget it. I need to concentrate harder to know what the teacher is teaching. 

I finally got out of my world and went to every class I had today. During lunch, I was in my own world that Jay had to lead me. He even noticed that I've been zoning out. He's been getting worried about my zoning out but I try not to zone out. 

School ended and I kissed Jay bye and met up with Kourtney. We were having a girls day today, so I  couldn't talk to Jay or the other guys. Sad face. Haha. I got in Kourtney's car and she drove off. I hummed along with the music.

"Liz?" Kourtney asked.

"Yes?" I asked looking at her.

"We barely hang out. What happened to the old days?" She asked.