5

The guy whom I have avoided pretty much for my whole stay at Hogwarts was trying to get Weasley away from me. Which worked, it has been days since that incident and I was really thankful that Malfoy saved me that day.

"Hey" I heard someone called me as I sat all by myself at the Common Room past midnight. I was staring at the fireplace and admiring the warmth it had gave me, it was already October and it was starting to get cold.

I saw that it was my step brother, Damon. I smiled in relief letting him sit down next to me.

"Hey, how have you been? I haven't seen you in a while." I asked him. He sat down beside me and propped his feet on the coffee table.

"I'm pretty fine thanks. How about you? You know mother is already worried that you haven't written at her since you got here in Hogwarts." My heart skipped a beat as I remembered that I have forgot to wrote my mum or is it just because Damon called her mum? he never called her mum before.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll write to her as soon as possible I was just pressured with this school year I think."

"Oh yes, you're currently taking O.W.L.S this year, good luck to that, I had a hard time with it." I glared at my step brother who was smiling playfully at me

"You're such a git you know?" I groaned frowning "You are supposed to motivate me!"

"I was just joking! Cheer up will you? Why did you not spend the summer with us anyways?" Damon asked

"I really just wanted to learn more on potions." Said myself, in my usual lame excuse with Damon shook his head

"Come on now, that's not the truth. Tell me what." He pleaded. I sighed shaking my head

"I was asking uncle Snape some questions, well you wouldn't mind if I kept it a secret don't you? It's just a secret." I said. I knew Damon understood, he pats my back and smiled at me warmly, he acted as if he was my bigger brother and that made me like him so much and wished that he was my biological brother after all.

"Sure, I respect that you don't want to tell me about it, but your mother really misses you, you know? Just write to her sometimes." I smiled gratefully at Damon and pulled him into a tight hug

"Thank you, Damon. It was really nice of you to say that to me." I said sniffing a little

"Wait are you crying?" Damon asked pulling away from the hug and cupped my cheeks. He chuckled when he saw my eyes were already teary. "No no, don't cry now, it won't make you pretty."

I laughed at Damon's words and wiped the tears that are forming in my eyes. "I hate you at the same time I am thankful that you are my step brother, even if we're not the biological, you're still there for me."

"Yes I know El, now off to bed now missy, you have loads to do tomorrow." I blinked at him staring at disbelief

"What?" He asked raising a brow at me. I laughed a little loudly rolling my eyes at him

"If you aren't that dumb, you would know that it's Saturday tomorrow." Damon's mouth was wide open as he tried to digest what I have told him. He stared at me in disbelief as if he was a puppy who was scolded by his own owner.

"I'm so sorry then little miss perfect" He retorted rolling his eyes "I never thought you'd be that intelligent." I gasped looking at him

"Oh my! You just insulted me!"

"I know!" Damon mocked as I glared at him. Both of us laughed and continued to converse with each other through out midnight. Soon we stopped talking as our eyelids begun to flutter. It was already time to say good night to each other.