38

"If it takes 6 months to brew Liquid Luck, then we will succeed within the task within before the school year ends. That would save us both from harm."

~

Draco was amazed how talented Sadie was especially in creating potions. She was brewing her HC essence (which she named her potion) along with Felix Felicis at the same time without mixing the ingredients. He was in awe since she still attended her lessons daily and protected him from Potter.

Draco arrived in the Great Hall, his mind wandered as he sat in front of Misty and Adrian who looked at him in shock. He sighed, ignoring their confused gaze as he took some bread and butter in front of him.

The doors were slammed open everyone in the room turned quiet as they stared at the stressed looking girl who just walked in. Her eyes bore dark circles and her hair was messy.

Sadie grunted as she sat in the Slytherin Table beside Draco who was just staring at her as he ate his bread.

"Look at you two, young couples who made love—"

"We aren't even together." The two hastily said cutting Adrian in his words.

"Really then?" Adrian teased. "Why don't you just come back instead of pushing each other away?"

"None of your business, Pucey." Draco snapped at him.

Draco turned his attention to Sadie who was picking on her scrambled egg. "What happened to you? You look like a mess."

"As if you don't know." Sadie scoffs glaring at Draco.

"So you two are hiding something from us that's why you are very distant right?" Misty concluded. "You Malfoy barely show up in classes and you Sadie you are starting to disappear between classes."

"Alchemy." The pair said in unison.

"You see, everyone dropped out of the subject except for Draco and I." Sadie explained.

"Alchemy is hard. Too bad you don't have brains for it, Pucey." Draco teased which made Adrian scowl at him.

"You privileged brat!" He snapped which made Draco laugh.

"Anyways, what's your plan on your birthday tomorrow?" Misty asks Sadie who was busy eating her food.

"Birthday?" Sadie asks confusedly

A couple of blinks later she gasped remembering that she would be turning seventeen tomorrow.

"I don't know really, I just want to relax tomorrow all day." She mumbles.

Sadie looked at her watch seeing it was 10 minutes before the cauldron boils for her essence. She rapidly stood up and zoomed through the halls leaving them behind.
The three stared at the empty seat beside them. Sadie left without saying another word which made Misty frown. Misty cannot deny that she misses hanging out with Sadie like they used to before. All this 6th year crap made her realize that Sadie was being sucked into her own world pushing everyone away.

Draco was about to get up when Misty pulls Draco by his arm. Pulling him down again.

"What the hell is your problem?" He snaps

"What is really going on?" Misty asked him, her eyes gazed on Draco's panicked expression

"None of your business. Let me go now or else I would hex you." Draco threatened

"Now you're out of the line Malfoy" Adrian snaps suddenly. "You could ask for our help yet you push us away, you both do! You shouldn't even broke up in the first place—"