chapter 7:flowers and an unexpected guest ✔

All I could see was black, total darkness. Am I already in heaven
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Will she be okay" I heard a muffled voice say, I could also hear the faint sobs of someone but I couldn't see the face of the person. Everything was just so blurry and before you know it everything went black again, I guess I wasn't in heaven afterall.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Beep beep beep beep beep. What's that annoying sound, my eyes were opened and I was fully awake. I looked around taking in my surroundings and finally I arrived at a conclusion. Nope this is definitely not home. It was infact the hospital, why was I in a hospital. I tried to recall what happened yesterday or the day I was brought here, but it just made my head hurt .

I heard a soft knock on the door and my Mom walked in.
"Honey" she said before hugging me,her face was wet and her eyes were puffy and red from crying

"Mom,what happened and since when have I been here" I asked.

"You got hit at the race and you've been here for three days" she answered.

"Oh wow have been here for a long time"

"But look on the bright side you missed the fashion show" I smiled at her attempt of a joke.

A woman with a very funny hairdo wearing a lab coat came in and smiled sweetly at me.

"Hello maddie,I'm doctor Taylor" she says.

"Hi doctor Taylor"

"While you were unconscious I ran a series of test on you and just to be sure my observations are correct, I'd like for you to answer the following questions" she told me bringing out a clipboard and a pen.

"Have you been having fevers or night sweats ,
feeling weak or tired,bleeding and bruising easily,
weight loss or loss of appetite." She asked.

"No fevers, I don't really feel week or tired , but I've been puking blood and coughing a lot" I heard my mom gush at this while the doctor was taking notes of what I had said my mum turned to me and asked.

"Why didn't you tell me any of this"

"Because I didn't think it was necessary" I told her, before facing doctor Taylor again.

"Do you maybe feel nauseous" she asked.

"Yeah, I do"

"That's the last question, why don't you rest a bit while I talk to your mom" she said and I nodded.

Lauren's pov

"Mrs Thompson I'm sorry to say that your daughter has a minor case of leukemia, it is good that you brought her here early, before things got out of hand" doctor Taylor said. I took out my iPhone and typed in the word leukemia.

Leukemia is cancer of the blood or bone marrow (which produces blood cells). A person who has leukemia suffers from an abnormal production of blood cells, generally leukocytes (white blood cells).

I dropped my phone. My head was on fire.

"Doctor is she going to be okay, how can we prevent this" I asked her.

"I can't say anything yet concerning her health, but about preventing this, for now I will just prescribe some anti nausea drugs and vaccines against flu and pneumonia and I want her to come back in two weeks or any time you notice any dangerous symptoms because I need to contact other doctors"

My daughter has cancer, my sixteen years old daughter has cancer one of the most deadly disease, I'm not ready tell her this, I want her to have fun for two weeks and when she comes back to the hospital I'll tell her. I brought out my ipad and called someone who won't be happy to hear this.

"Evan, we need to talk"

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"My daughter has been in the hospital for three days and you didn't think that it was necessary to tell me" he shouted.

"I didn't think that it was an emergency, I thought it was a minor thing" I told my husband.

"Really?"he questioned

"Yes, and there is something else" I paused for a while before continuing "she has leukemia" I told him.

"Am getting on the next plane to New York" and my ipad clicked dead.

Maddie's pov

Late in the afternoon my mum was reading a magazine about herself ( I know, how weird) and I was busy playing with a loose thread .

"You have a visitor miss" one of the nurses informed me.

"Let her in" I said and I was right it was a her, it was Sydney.

"Hey" she greeted and hugged me.

"Hi Sydney, I've missed you" she couldn't come to visit during the day because she had school and when she came after school yesterday I was still unconscious.

"I'll leave you girls to chit chat, but I'll be back" my mom informed us before leaving. She's been really supportive lately (not that I'm complaining) and I understand that she should be seeing as I'm in the hospital and all, but I keep feeling like there's more to her sudden act of kindness.

"So how have you been" sydney asked after my mom left.

"I'm actually feeling really good and bored, I just want to leave here" this makes her laugh.

45 minutes later .

"I have to get going but I'll come back tomorrow" sydney said, but truth be told I didn't want her leave, it made me feel lonely and bored.

"Oh, okay bye"

"Hey don't be like that you know I would love to spend the whole day with you, but my mom is coming back today and I need to meet her at the airport" she said.

"I know, bye" I told her cheerfully.

"Bye" she told me heading towards the door before turning back and asking me "when will you be discharged"

"Honestly, I dont know" I said and with that she left and someone else came in, but I didn't look up to see who it was.

"Hey maddie" he said.

"Hello Bryan" and surprisingly I smiled at him ( what is wrong with me)

"Um....I got you this" he said pulling out a bouquet of flower from behind him, I couldn't help but blush a bit.

"Oh thank you " I said collecting them, then I remembered something.

"At the race you wanted to ask me something, what was it?" I asked. It was so cute the way he looked at the floor instead of me, he kinda looked nervous.

"Yeah I wanted to ask you something, but you can say no" he said flushing red.

"Um okay, what did you want to ask me" I queried.

"When you get discharged, do you maybe want to hang out" he said looking even more nervous. Awwwn how cute.

"Like on a date"

"yes but if you want you can say no"

"Yes, I'd love to go on a date with you" I answered. This is something I would not have said two weeks ago, infact I would have ran if he asked me to go on a date with him, but I guess just the same way time changes, people change along with their feelings. Bryan looked really happy, and I also felt happy. My very first date. His should be interesting.
We were busy smiling at each other when I heard the clearing of throat at the door, and as I turned my eyes met that of a person I haven't seen in over a year.

"Dad" I whispered.

_______________________________________________________________________

Hi, so I have a question.

On a scale of one to ten, how much are you enjoying this book

Don't forget to vote and comment.