Chapter 30: "Her last words"

Soundtrack for this chapter :
Perfect - ed sheeran
I like me better- lauv
Like to be you- Shawn mendes ft Julia Michaels
Nervous - Shawn mendes
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

"What's going on here"
--------------------------------------

Cole walked in looking worried,  he looked at maddie then at me.

"It's about time" he muttered before leaving the room. I guess he knows it's best if he doesn't interfere.

"Bryan why can't you understand that I don't want to be around you anymore"

"Maddie I know what you're doing, and trust me it's not going to work, why are you pushing me away and shutting me out"  he said looking devasted and hurt, oh my gosh that broke my heart.

"I have only a few months left to live, I don't want you to get hurt. Just go, this isn't easy for me either. I'm dying for christ sake"

All colour drained from Bryan's face, his skin went pale.

"You can't be serious, tell me you're joking, no, no way in fucking hell. There has to be a way around this, I can't loose you Maddie. I just can't loose you"

Bryan swore, bryan never swears.

He paced around the room, I have never seen him like this. He was broken

"Now you see, this is why I was pushing you away. Bryan you're my world, I love you more than you can ever understand. Seeing you broken is the last thing I want"

"In all honesty maddie that is the most stupid thing I have ever heard , in your heart you know you don't want any of this, you think you are acting rational, you think you are trying to reduce the pain for the both of us. Really love, all you are doing is hurting yourself. As hard has it is to say this, why not spend the time you have left doing things that make you happy, staying with people that make you happy, like your family and friends, why do you have to push them away. You think that getting rid of the important people in your life, the people you know love you, just so they don't feel hurt when you die-" he stopped talking and when I looked at me as he was sitting at the edge of my bed, I saw a tear roll down his cheek. I know why he's crying. He knows I'm going to die, he knows it is inevitable. If simply mentioning death can do this to him, I wonder what will happen to him when I'm finally dead. Soon I started crying, I can't handle this, I can't keep hurting him like this.

"Bryan-" I wanted to comfort him, I wanted to tell him that it was okay but he didn't let me talk.

"No Maddie let me finish, if you think getting rid of the people that love you now just so they don't get hurt is the best way to handle all this, then honestly you are naive, why don't you go easy on yourself, why don't you make memories and enjoy the time you have left with them and so that they can remember you in peace"

He was right and I hated that he was right.

The week after Bryan's visit to the hospital, I was sent home to spend the rest of my time with my family and friends. The doctors lost hope, they couldn't do anyhing, I'm in the last stage of cancer, nothing can be done. My dreams have been cut short, my life is gradually coming to an end and I hate every moment of it.

A lot of things changed, in a good way of course, I spent more time with my family. Sydney, Josh, keeley and bethany (not the cook) came to visit me as soon as I got home. Sydney finally admitted that she had a crush on my brother. Lets just say I knew it all along.