At The Park ❦ Peter Parker

My parents were at it again. My thin bedroom walls didn't protect me from the horrible words they threw at each other. Before I started crying again, I grabbed my coat, and climbed out of my bedroom window. My bedroom window was on the second floor. Not knowing what to do, I jumped and somehow, I landed safely.

I slipped on my coat as I walked down the streets of Queens. It was pretty late at night and the only thing illuminating the streets were the dim light posts. I decided to head to the nearby park, because it was always calm, quiet, and safe there.

When I arrived at the park, I sat down on an empty bench and hugged my knees. Heaving a sigh, I thought back to my parents. I loved them so much, but I knew they aren't the same anymore. They're going to divorce, and I don't know how I'm going to manage. My mom is going to move back to California with her family and she's going to take me. My father will move also, but to Pennsylvania, where his family is, and he told me that he's going to take me there to live with him. I can't choose between them. I don't know what to do. Tears slowly ran down my cheeks as I thought back to the days when we were all so happy.

I wiped my tears when I heard some movement around me. I looked around when I heard even more movement. Fear took over me, but I stayed still.

"Who's there?" I ask, my voice slightly broken. I cleared my throat and gasped when I saw a figure emerge from some bushes. It was Spider-man.

"Are you okay, miss?" Spider-man asked as he obviously deepened his voice. I blinked and nodded my head. He walked up to me, and pointed to the seat next to me, asking if he could sit. I nodded again as I watched him.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, his head tilted to the side. I slightly narrowed my eyes at him, because his voice was so familiar.

"My parents are fighting." I mumbled not realizing what I said. I was too focused on his voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." He apologized. I nodded and I looked down, still trying to remember that voice. I felt like I had heard that voice today at school. I re-played my school day over in my head trying to recognize the voice. I thought of someone, but he didn't seem like the type to be as heroic as Spider-man.

He asked me another question, and it only confirmed my suspicion. It was Peter.

"Is that you, Peter?" I ask looking at him carefully. He froze as he stumbled over incoherent words, also confirming my suspicions even further. A small laugh escaped my lips.

"You should at least try to deny it." I smirk. He sighed and slouched back into the bench.

"You suck at trying to change your voice, by the way." I laugh as I put a hand on my forehead, making fun of Peter. What I usually did to him at school. Peter rose his hand up to his neck and pulled off his mask. He looked slightly amazed which made me smile.

"How did you know it was me?" Peter asked curiously. I shrugged and yawned. I rubbed my eyes, and stood up.

"I'm going to head home. I'm tired." I waved at Peter who was still sitting on the bench.

"L-let me walk you. It's very late, who knows what weirdos are out there. I-I wouldn't want anything to happen to you. Not that I really care, no! I actually care a lot, haha. W-what am I saying?" He chucked embarrassed, looking down at his hands. I stood there, watching him, trying hard to not laugh. I bit my lip and grabbed his hand. He looked at me with big eyes.

"Just walk me home, Spider-man."

❦❦❦

lol she forgot about her parents quickly whoops

question: where are you from?

im peruvian! :)