Walks ❦ Peter Parker

"Hey May." I greeted when I walked through the front door. She peeked out from the kitchen and smiled as she asked how my school day went.

"Good. Call me when dinner is ready. Thank you." I said back as I walked to my bed room.

For the next couple of minutes, I was working on my algebra homework. I closed my textbook when I heard some laughing coming from outside. I looked out my window and saw a girl on the phone as she laughed. I've never seen her before, I thought as I saw her enter my building.

For the next couple of days, at 4:00 pm, I sat by my window and watched the girl as she entered my apartment complex. One day, I noticed her school sweater. We went to the same school, but I've never seen her there before.

The next day, I decided that I was going to try to talk with her. Even if that meant walking home, with her.

"Do you even know her name?" Ned asked as we exited our last class of the day. I shook my head causing him to laugh.

"I'll find out today." I promised. Ned stopped laughing and turned serious.

"You've never liked someone as much as her." He stated. I rolled my eyes and waved bye to Ned.

Exiting the school, I realized that I didn't know what to do. I didn't know where she exited school, or when she left.

Luckily, I spotted her. I stood there, watching her from afar, but soon I started making my way down the stairs. When I was at the bottom of the stairs, I looked around and shook my head when I had lost her. The school yard was flooded with students, and I couldn't spot her. I tried heading to where I had spotted her before, but to no avail. She wasn't there.

I slightly groaned and gave up. Maybe this was okay, I thought. I wouldn't know what to say to her anyway. I'd be too nervous to talk with her.

Bummed out, I headed home, coming up with conversation staters for the next time.

"Hey, you! You dropped this!" Someone behind me yelled. I turned around quickly, and was greeted by the girl. She held in her hand, my sweater. I must've dropped it.

"Oh, thank you." I mumbled, avoiding her eyes. I grabbed the sweater as our fingers brushed. Hear rose to my cheeks as I turned away and continued walking.

After a while, it became awkward and deafeningly uncomfortable because we were walking right next to each other but no words were exchanged.

Then, a sudden ring tone rung from her phone, I'm assuming. I looked at her for a split second but quickly looked away when our eyes met. I tried not to listen in on her conversation but I couldn't help it.

When she ended her phone call, she cleared her throat and gave out a little laugh. I looked up and saw her laughing at me. My cheeks flushed as my eyes averted from her eyes.

"You're cute." She giggled, shaking her head. My eyes went wide at her comments. I could feel my face heating up even more. She lightly hit my shoulder and walked inside the building. I stood there, not comprehending what had just happened.

Later that day, I sat at my desk, replaying the events that happened earlier that day. An undeniable smile came over my face as I grabbed my sweater and pulled it over my head. I stuffed my hands in the pocket, but confusion quickly hit me. There was a piece of paper there. I pulled it out and opened up the note.

Call me :)

And under that, was her phone number and name. I looked up from her note and smiled as I couldn't contain my excitement.

❦❦❦

damn it, why can't peter be real? and go to my school? ugh haha