May ❦ Peter Parker

"Are you sure about this sweetheart? If you don't want to, May and I could reschedule?" My mom asked worriedly as we exited the car. I smiled at her and shook my head telling her not to worry. She sighed and grabbed my hand giving it a squeeze.

Ever since my grandfather, my mom's father, had passed away, my mom has not left our house. When I heard that her friend May had invited her to hang out, I immediately told her to agree. I want to see my mom out, having fun, rather than being cooped up in our small home with no one but me to talk to.

There was only one problem. There was no one to take care of me while my mom went out, and my mom surely doesn't like me staying home by myself. My mom has no family here in New York either. When she told May this, May suggested I could stay at her place with her nephew. My mom was hesitant at first but I told her not to worry. I just want my mom to have fun and go out, you know? I'll do anything for her.

The knocking on the door of May's apartment brought me back to reality. I nervously played with the hem of my jean skirt. I've never met Peter but I've heard great things about him from May and my mom.

Suddenly, May opened the door with a big smile.

"Chica! It's been forever!" May said excitedly giving my mom a big hug. May and my mom have been childhood friends.

"Y/n! You're so grown up! Come on in, you guys." May opened the door for us and we entered her small but comfy apartment. The adults were talking about their plans as I looked around, wondering where Peter was.

"We're going to head out now, are you sure you want to stay?" My mom looked at me. I nodded my head and looked to May.

"I brought my school bag. I heard Peter is quite good in school. I was hoping he could help me out." I smiled signaling to the bag on my back. May nodded and smiled.

"Pete is very smart. He is in his room. Peter! Y/n is here!" May yelled to her nephew. A loud noise was heard from the hallway. Like something had dropped. My mom came up to me and gave me a hug.

After telling me to behave and whatnot, she and May left. I stayed in place, mostly because I didn't know where to go.

"Y/n?" I heard a nervous voice call from behind me? I slightly jumped around and put a hand on my heart with a smile.

"Oh, you scared me." I laughed to which he blushed.

"Sorry, I-I didn't mean to." He stuttered adorably.

For the next hour, Peter had helped me with my algebra homework and my english paper. Peter's extremely smart.

"What do you want to do now?" I ask bored. He looked up from his book, smiled, and shrugged.

"Do you have anymore homework?" He asked curiously. I shook my head and stood up and sat down on his twin bed.

"Could we watch some movies?" I suggest with a yawn. He smiles sweetly and nods, closing his book. He told me to follow him into his living room. We decided on watching Star Wars, mostly because that was all he had. He blushed at that but I found it cute. We settled on the couch with pillows and a blanket.

A couple of minutes into the movie, I struggled to keep my eyes open. My lack of sleep was taking affect now. I rested my head on Peter's shoulder as I dozed off.

I felt someone slightly shaking my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes as I made a small noise. I looked around and saw Peter nervously remove his hand from my shoulder. I smiled and sat up to stretch.

"Did the movie finish?" I ask curiously as I turn to Peter who blushed and nodded.

"You blush a lot, Parker." I giggled. Peter's face redden at my words. I was going to say that I found it cute, but the door opened revealing my mom and May, laughing. It brought a smile on my face to see my mom happy.

After that, my mom said we should go back home. I hugged May and waved towards Peter who smiled at me.

My mom should hang out more often with May.

❦❦❦

question: what's your favorite song?

i pretty much love all of post malone's music