Reality Show ❦ Tom Holland

I was part of a reality tv game show, where we were spilt into two teams; the green team, and the red team. We played games against each other, trying to gain more points than the other team. We actually took this very seriously, because the prize at the end of the season was usually extraordinary, like a car.

Today, we were playing a game where one person on each team would sit in some chairs, while two others from each team, stood behind the opponent team player in the chairs. The one behind the person in the chair, has to answer questions correctly, to add an ingredient into a bucket and inch closer to the person in the chair. To win, you have to gain all ingredients and you get to reward yourself by pouring the contents of the bucket on top of the person's head, who was sitting down.

When it was my turn, I crossed my fingers, hoping I was the one who got to answer questions.

To my luck, I had to sit in the chair. I sighed as they chose a person from the opposite team to stand behind me.

Once again, to my luck, they chose my ex-boyfriend, Tom. Once everyone was in position, they started asking questions. Tom and the other contestant, who was on my team, kept switching off as they answered silly questions.

"Do you want your boyfriend to answer correctly?" The host asked me, shoving the microphone in my face. I shook my head and shrugged.

"Tom and I are not together. No, we're not." I informed regularly, causing a commotion throughout the set.

Just because of my answer, they asked him an easy question to which he responded correctly. He moved up a space.

When the host went to the other side, I turned around and watched him. They focused of the other side, so I decided to open my mouth.

"I told you to stop asking to be my partner here. I know you always ask the producers to put us together. Stop that." I spat. Tom and I ended on a bad note when we broke up. He covered his mic, as he lowered his head to talk with me.

"I didn't this time, I swear. We broke up like five minutes ago, and you already want to forget all about me. What's with that?" He whispered calmly. Soon, the cameras picked up on us talking privately, so I turned around and kept a straight face.

They suspiciously asked me about it, but I kept my mouth shut and shook my head. Tom kept his face straight too. They asked him what I was talking about to him, and he answered with something so ridiculous that it took everything in me to not slap him, on live tv.

"She's saying we're not dating, but that's a lie to me." He said on live tv.

Later, they asked Tom a question, to which he said he didn't know. He held hardly any emotion in his voice. The host moved on to the other pair, so I turned around once again.

"We broke up a month ago! Get over it. We're not together anymore, and I hope you know why I don't want anything to do with you anymore. You should know, Tom." I nodded my head annoyed, as I pointed out one of the girls on his team. Who he had cheated on me with. His face fell, but opened his mouth either way.

"Please, Y/n. I didn't mean it." He pleaded with hurt in his eyes.

"Don't. Don't do this here, not right now." I shook my head and turned around again, facing away from him, as campers kept zooming in on my face.

Soon, they had walked back to us to ask Tom another question. They had given him an easy question, but for some reason, he kept quiet. It slightly confused me. He mumbled that he didn't know it which brought up suspicion throughout the set.

Then one of the girls on my team decided to speak up.

"Tom's doing this for love, you can tell. I know he knows the answer, but he doesn't want to drench Y/n because he loves her." She spoke. I looked down not wanting to hear anymore. Tom's face resembled mine and of course the production picked up on it.

"We're going to find out if Tom's doing this out of love." The host announced causing everyone to turn their attention to us.

"If you don't answer the next question correctly, you'll have to talk with the producers after the show." The host informed as he received information from behind the cameras. I looked over at Tom and saw a sad expression on his face, avoiding my eyes.

"What is the capital of Spain?" They asked as the cameras focused on Tom's sad face. I kept my face down as I heard nothing come from him. Why is he doing this, I thought.

They announced that his time ran out, and they moved to the other pair. My teammate answered his last question correctly, winning us, the red team, a point. He poured the contents on the opposite team player and laughed at how slowly he poured it on him.

I stayed in my seat, as I heard the green team start to argue about Tom's decision of not answering because of me. I felt Tom come down from the stool and walked off to the locker rooms.

My friend, who had earlier spoken for Tom, grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my chair, getting out of view from the cameras. She hugged me as I hugged her back, letting the tears fall freely.

❦❦❦

so this reality tv show is called combate. it's peruvian and the video i used as a reference for this chapter is above! (also sorry that's it's only in spanish)

anyways, i actually feel bad for the real people who are going through this, because what i wrote here is what i think is going on between them in real life, because i only came up with the dialogue between them. the rest was all really said on tv. but then again, who knows?