Chapter 35

I heard the click. Before I could think I pulled Matt towards me. He pulled the trigger and it shot the counter. I had Matt in my arms with his head right under my chin.
He looked at us with anger. "you shouldn't have done that." He aimed the gun at my forehead. I closed my eyes and squeezed Matt.
"HEY!" The other robber called.
He groaned and lowered his gun.
"I told you, Do not kill them dumbass!" He smacked him in the back of the head. I recognized that voice. He continued taking money.
A sense of reeling flowed through me but my heart was still beating rapidly.
"I could feel your heartbeat" Matt mumbled and rubbed my arms causing me to calm a bit.

--------

We have been here for hours It feels like. I had hope we would be saved but that feeling has been gone. Matt was still in my arms. His arms wrapped around my back with a tight grip.
I suddenly started to think. What does he mean? Why did he not want him to kill only us? I felt tired and weak. I continued to rub Matts forehead and hair.
I was just about to give up until I heard sirens.
Police sirens.
"Fuck" one mumbled
"We need to leave now!" The other one ran with his hands full with the other following him.
I heard the back door slam. I looked around at the remaining people, the dead bodies, the pool of blood making it's way to us. The stench was horrible.
The door busted open with the police barging in. "Damnit!" One yelled in frustration. "We lost them!"
He secured his gun back into his pocket and helped the surviving people.
I heard ambulance sirens coming closer.
One officer helped us up at took up outside. It was dark out, we've been in their for hours.
The cops returned our wallets and phones.
They suddenly drowned me in questions.
"Do you have any idea who they could be?"
It suddenly hit me. It's possible one can be Luke.
I lied "No."
He asked many more. I looked around at the scene. 4 bodies in black bags being pulled into an ambulance, many cop cars, a news reporter and cameraman.
I grabbed Matts arm dragging him toward our car
"I think it's time to get out of California."

-------

After telling the boys and Audrey what happened they went crazy.
"You guys could've been killed!" Cameron yelled.
"Were still here, let's not talk about this anymore please" Matt replied and laid down.
"Anyways we are leaving to go back home tomorrow."
Everyone was sad. I wish we could just all stay together.
"Alright let's get packing" Aaron said

------

After I finished packing, I took a shower and did my night routine. I let myself fall onto my bed. Matt did the same. It's great to have him back here.

-----

It was currently 2:48 am. I laid silently with my eyes glued to the ceiling. Many thoughts and bad experiences rolled through me head.
I almost jumped out of my skin when there was a loud knock on the door. Fear took over. I stared at the door, I was frozen, too scared to move.
The knocking turned into constant banging. It rung through my head. I covered my head trying to block to banging out.

"Faith?"
I looked up. The banging was gone. Matt was at my side, rubbing my back. I looked at the time, it read 6:22.
"W-what happened?" I asked
"I'm pretty sure you had a nightmare" he replied leaving a kiss my forehead.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked
I shook my head.
My head was pounding, I had a huge headache.

-------

Today is the day we are leaving California, I'm going to miss the boys.

We were driven to the airport in a limo, white on the outside with neon lights on the inside. Everyone was occupied with something, half of them were talking about the good experiences here. Taylor and Aaron were goofing around. Nash, cameron and Matt were making a few vines. Shawn and I were listening to other cover peoples covers together. I have really become close to shawn. I'm going to miss all of them.

----
"So this is goodbye?" I told shawn
"No it isn't goodbye, we will see each other in a few weeks. Text me everyday." He replied and pulled me into a big hug.
"Cya in a few weeks" I smiled hugging Cameron as tight as I can.
"I'm going to miss you Carter!" We did our handshake and hugged.
I said my goodbyes to the rest of the boys.
I waved to them as I boarded the plane.

-----

*on the plane*
I got a seat next to Nash and a random dude. He looked familiar, blue eyes, dirty blonde hair that was styled up, he had a lot of freckles on his nose. He was quite attractive.
"Hello" the boy said
His voice was awfully familiar.
"Hi" I replied shyly.
"My names Derek." He smiled and reached his hand out.
I shook it.
"I'm Faith." I replied and flashed a smile.
"I kno-, that's a beautiful name."
What the heck how did he know my name. I pretended I didn't hear him.
"Thanks" I chuckled.
I'm super uncomfortable right now.
I had a feeling that someone i don't like is on this plane.
I turned and looked behind the seat. I saw two people I hate with a passion and I wish I hadn't.