Chapter 7

After some more running and few shooting and passing drills you were still not exhausted. After a passing drill Ymir was finally exhausted. She leaned against you for support and you smirked a bit. She rolled her eyes.

"Come on. How is she not tired yet!? What is it steroids, witchcraft," a girl yelled clearly angered.

This caused the boys to look over curiously.

"Hey. Lay off will ya," Ymir said and huffed.

"No. This isn't fair. The new girl is somehow surpassing everyone. Even our team captain, Ymir," the girl said again.

"It's just a passion I have," you said.

"Fine. One on one," she said.

You shrugged. You then walked over as she grabbed a ball. You stood there waiting for her to try and shoot but that didn't happen. The opposite happened actually.

She moved to shoot and you went to block but instead she threw the ball at you and hit you in the face. She was playing dirty. You winced and fell down putting your hands to your head feeling pain.

Everything seemed a bit fuzzy. You could tell Ymir was yelling at the girl and Hange was just trying to break things up. You looked up and soon saw Armin approaching. He gave you a small smile and then helped you up and he helped you over to the bench.

You sat down willingly but you winced again. Armin handed you an ice pack. You murmured a thank you and then he sat down beside you.

"You're pretty amazing on the court. Bertholdt was pretty impressed," Armin said and smiled.

"I just can't dunk though. I'm too short," you stated. "I somehow cause drama to happen as well."

"Girls like that always get jealous and do that. They feel threatened that they won't make the team that's all. They probably won't at this point," Armin said. "You'll defiantly make it though. Levi, the coach of the boys team and our history teacher, was even impressed."

"That's good to hear," you said and smiled a bit.

Christa then sat down beside you. "You alright?"

You nodded. "Yep. I'm guessing tryouts are probably over now," you said and Christa nodded.

Everyone soon began to leave. You grabbed your bag ready to head home until Bertholdt approached you.

"H-hey. I was gonna head down to the football field to watch the rest of Reiner's practice. Want to join me? I'm the end we'll all be able to walk home together," Bertholdt said.

You nodded. "Sure. Ymir is team captain for the girls am I correct," you asked and he nodded.

"But by the looks of it Hange might change it to someone else," Bertholdt said.

"Who?" You asked.

"You," Bertholdt stated.

"I can't dunk. Why me?" You asked.

"Because your fast, athletic, and an amazing shooter," Bertholdt said.

"If the team captain for the boys team was super tall and the captain of the girls team was short we'd be the laughing stalk of the county," you said and huffed.

"Once people see your skills insure they would change their minds," he said and smiled.

You smiled as well and nodded as you both continued to the football field.

You got some serious skills. And you and Bertholdt seem to be getting very close now. Anyway, keep on reading my friends. ;)