Chapter 8

You and Bertholdt decided to sit in the stands and watch the rest of practice.

"How did Reiner become Captain?" You asked.

"Because they voted for him but it's different in basketball because everyone has a different set of skills so the coach chooses," Bertholdt said.

"Who is on the team that I know?" You asked.

"Connie, Jean, and you already know who Reiner is," Bertholdt said and chuckled.

"I'm glad Armin introduced me to his friends. I get to hang out with all sorts of people. Even though they can be a bit much sometimes," you said.

"Agreeable," Bertholdt said and then looked back at the field. "Looks like practice is over."

He then stood up and walked over with you trailing behind. Reiner waved at you guys and smiled.

"Came to watch the future champs train," Reiner asked.

"Sort of and I know you hate walking home alone," Bertholdt said which caused you to giggle.

"I'm guessing Basketball tryouts went well," Reiner stated and stretched.

"Mostly. Our friends have made it on the teams again and Armin is helping us strategize as usual but we might get a new captain for the girls team," Bertholdt said.

"Really?! Someone beat Ymir? Who?" Reiner asked.

Bertholdt smiled and then pointed over at you. "It's not official yet though," he replied.

"Wow. Newbie here is one of a kind huh," Reiner said.

"Quiet with the nicknames," you said and chuckled.

"Hey (y/n)! Hey Bertholdt. How did Marco do in tryouts," Jean asked as he walked over.

"Yeah and how did Sasha do?" Connie asked trailing behind Jean.

"They're both on the teams don't worry, " Bertholdt said and chuckled.

You smiled and then Jean put his arm around you. "How were tryouts for you," he asked.

"It was alright. One girl nailed me in the head purposely because she claimed it wasn't fair that I was better," you said and Jean chuckled.

Bertholdt gazed over at Jean with a weird expression you couldn't read and then he turned and faced away. Reiner saw this and smirked.

"Alright. Let's start heading home gang. (Y/n) is probably exhausted from her first school day and tryouts," Reiner stated.

"Not really but yeah. We should get going," you said and pulled away from Jean. "Bye Jean and Connie."

You, Reiner, and Bertholdt began to head home.

Bertholdt being all jealous. Anyway, keep on reading!