Chapter 5

Bertholdt POV:

I sat there at the lunch table with Reiner sitting across from. I stared down at the cafeteria food and then looked up as Annie approached.

"Have you guys seen (y/n)? She was suppose to sit with us," Annie said worriedly.

"We haven't seen her since gym," Reiner stated.

We then all looked around. I noticed a bully name Marcus walk in smirking. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously.

"I'll go look for her. You can go ahead and eat Annie," I said and then stood up heading out of the lunch room.

I walked down the halls and huffed each time I couldn't find her. I then heard crying and my eyes widened. I ran down the hall and saw (y/n) sitting on the ground with scattered books.

She was crying. I hate to see her cry. I then walked over to see if she was okay.

"Hey," I said and she looked up.

Your POV:

You looked up and smiled a bit.

"Hey Bertholdt," you said and began to wipe away your tears.

"What happened?" He asked worriedly and began to help you pick up your books.

"I ran into someone and apologized. Turns out they're a bully. They critized one of my books and threw it in the trash and I can't reach it. I feel hurt," you said trying not to cry again.

"I'll get it," Bertholdt said and held a hand out to you.

You took his hand and he pulled you up. He handed you your books and then reached into the trash and pulled out your Attack on Titan book. You smiled as he handed it to you.

"Attack on Titan huh. I heard it's a pretty good manga," he said and smiled.

"Yeah. It's really good but it always makes me emotional. Especially when one of my favorite characters die," you said and huffed.

"Alright. We better head to lunch," he said and began to walk off.

"Um...I don't have any money. My parents don't let me borrow any or even give me an allowance. It's been difficult to find a job though," you said and sighed.

"I'll buy you something now come on," he said and you both walked to the cafeteria.

That's when you felt it. And jolt in your heart and your cheeks flushed a bit.

'What is this feeling,' you thought.

Aw...look at that. You're starting to really like Bertholdt. *wiggles eyesbrows*