Chapter 6

After the rest of the classes at school ended you went to your locker and began to sort out your things.

"So I have homework in math about rotation and reflection review and I have to write an essay about an impact on my life. Hooray," you said to yourself and closed your locker.

"Do you always talk to yourself," Annie asked.

"It helps me remember things so ya. I may do it occasionally," you said.

"Remember. You're trying out for Basketball. I'll see you later, I have to get to my job," Annie said and then took off.

"Bye," you called.

You then turned away and began the treck towards the gym. As you walked down the hall you heard someone running over to you. You looked behind you and saw Bertholdt and Reiner walking over.

"Hey (y/n)," Reiner said.

"Hey. What's up," you asked.

"Nothing really. I'm on my way to football practice but Bertholdt here needs to get to the gym and help with tryouts," Reiner said and patted Bertholdt on the back.

"Oh yeah. Ymir mentioned you were the Basketball Captain. Congrats," you said and smiled.

Bertholdt blushed. "T-thanks."

"I'm actually going to tryout for the girls basketball team so I should head to the gym as well," you said.

"I'll walk with you," Bertholdt said and you both headed to the gym.

Reiner stood there smirking as he began his plans.

You soon arrived at the gym. You spotted Ymir and smiled. You raced over and immediately began to chat with her. There was some other girls there you recognized. Mikasa, Mina, Sasha, and of course you already know Ymir. Christa was cheering for all of you on the bleachers.

You looked over at the boys tryouts peoples. You spotted Bertholdt, of course, you looked pretty tall and handsome. Ugh, keep your thoughts together. The other boys you recognized were Eren, Marco, and Thomas. You could see Armin chatting to Bertholdt but you knew he wasn't trying out.

"Come on girls!" Hange called cheerfully. "We're going to start with some sprinting, okay."

You all stood in a line ready to run around the gym a few times.

"Look at her. She's so short she probably won't even be able to keep up," a girl gossiped at the back.

You huffed and then you all started running. Ymir took the lead and smirked. Her expression soon changed as you raced passed her. You kept your lead the whole time as least a foot away from everyone else.

The boys began to get curious and began to watch. You kept running while others began to drop out as they lost their breath and couldn't keep up.

"Alright. You all can stop," Hange called.

A few girls dropped to the ground exhausted. Ymir huffed a bit as she caught her breath. She then gazed over at you and chuckled.

"You are full of surprises aren't you Short Stack," Ymir said and smiled.

You stood there not exhausted at all. You smiled at her. "Thanks!"

"Alright. Next drill!" Hange called.

You're pretty great at basketball. But that's just how it is. Anyway, there will be more chapters tomorrow. Keep on reading my friends :)