Chapter 21

Soon it was the afternoon and Bertholdt still wouldn't move and he wouldn't let you go either. You sighed and then began to try and pry him off of you.

"Bertholdt! We have to go to Annie's house in three hours and I haven't eaten anything and I need to get gifts together. Please," you whined.

Bertholdt huffed and then let go. He then threw the covers over himself. You then sat up and sighed.

"Bertholdt!" You yelled and began to jump up and down on the bed causing him to fall out.

He sat up on the ground and rubbed his head. You chuckled and then he grinned deviously.

"Uh oh," you said and the ran away.

"Get back here," Bertholdt called and chases after you.

"Mrs. Hoover! Save me," you yelled and then hid behind Bertholdt's mom.

"Mom. Can you please hand her over," Bertholdt whined.

"What did she do?" She asked.

"She pushed me out of bed," Bertholdt said.

"Then no. You needed to get up. It's three o'clock," she replied.

You chuckled and he huffed in defeat. He then walked off and then you raced off to get things ready for Annie's party.

/Time skip\

You were at Annie's house helping her and Armin set up an hour before it started. You were decorating the tree while Annie was baking some tasty snacks

"Annie. Where should I put the mistletoe," Armin called from the other room.

"Mistletoe?" You said and looked over at Annie.

She just shrugged. "Outside on the front porch and then some above the fireplace."

"Alright," Armin said and then headed off.

"Is Annie wanting a smooch tonight," you teased.

"Shut up," Annie said and blushed.

You giggled and then finished setting up the tree and sat down.

Soon everyone began arriving. Everyone placed their presents under the tree and you sat in front of the fire and watched the flames. You then felt someone embrace you from behind.

"Hey," you said and smiled.

"Hi," Bertholdt said and then kissed your cheek.

You then stood up and hugged him. "Did you get me a good present?"

"I hope so but I-I'm not telling y-you," Bertholdt stuttered.

"I love your cute shy side," you said and smiled.

Bertholdt smiled and blushed a bit. He then glanced up and then looked at you.

"What?" You asked.

"Mistletoe. Above the fireplace," Bertholdt said and smiled.

"Oh. I forgot Armin put some there," you said and giggled.

Bertholdt chuckled and then leaned down and kissed you. You got on your tippy toes and kissed him back. Since you're a bit short he had to lean over but he didn't seem to mind.

"Hey love birds. Come get some cookies," Reiner called and chuckled.

You blushed and then stuck your tongue out at him. Bertholdt chuckled and then kissed your forehead and pulled you over to get some tasty snacks.

"Present time!" Christa called and everyone sat down in the living room.

This is just so happy and adorable. I just can't right now. Anyway, there will be more chapters tomorrow!