Chapter 10

"No! I'm going to die!" You yelled as you continued shooting at the dinosaurs.

"No! Don't leave me! You can do it," Bertholdt replied and you both chuckled.

"I'm trying," you said and then you died. "Now I'm dead!"

You then leaned against his shoulder and pretended to be dead.

"No! I shall avenge you!" Bertholdt declared. "But now I'm dead."

"Noooo!" You said. "It should've just been me! You didn't have to suffer."

Bertholdt chuckled. "I would be very depressed without you. At least we're in video game heaven together."

You huffed and then smiled. "I guess."

"Come on. Let's go see the others," Bertholdt said and you both began to walk around.

Your phone began to ring and you saw it was from your dad. Why would he be calling?

"You keep on going. I need to take this," you said and gazed at him.

He nodded and then walked off.

You answered the phone. "Hey dad."

"Look (y/n). I know you're going to hate me and all that but hear me out. Your mother had a heart attack and she didn't make it and we're going to move again because of that," your father said.

You stood there in shock and tears began to fall from your eyes.

"(Y/n)....," your father said as he didn't hear a response.

Your phone slipped from your hand and hit the floor breaking. You then raced out of the arcade not caring where you went or what happened.

3rd POV:

"Bertholdt. Where's (y/n)," Reiner asked as his friend walked over to them.

"She had to take a call. It seemed pretty important," Bertholdt said.

"I'll go check on her," Annie said and walked off.

She walked around and couldn't find (y/n). She then spotted her phone on the ground broken. Annie leaned down and picked it up.

"Oh no," she murmured.

Annie then raced back over to the others. "She's gone!"

"What?!" Christa said worriedly.

"She wouldn't just disappear would she," Ymir said.

Annie held out (y/n)'s phone and Bertholdt took it staring at it with worry.

"Let's go look for her," Reiner said and him, Ymir, and Christa walked off.

"Bertholdt. I think I know where she is," Annie said.

Bertholdt had still been staring at the phone with worry. He then looked at Annie and nodded. "Where?"

"The park. But you should go alone. Just in case," Annie said.

Bertholdt sighed and nodded. "Alright," he said and then walked off heading to the park.

Bertholdt shall save the day and make you feel better. Keep on reading!