Round 5 Results

Apologies for the delays, everyone. Some real-life stuff happened, a judge never got back to me, other Wattpad-related stuff came up, and you know how it goes. But we're back for the results and the final rounds. Hope you've all had fun.

And now for some tragic news:

On Thursday night, at approximately 3 o'clock AM, sigrist was eaten by a savage jaguar. Though he valiantly pummeled the guts of the enraged beast with his fists from within the creature's innards, tragically it was to no avail. He was discovered partially regurgitated and partially defecated behind the island's Arby's restaurant, amidst untouched Arby's roast-beef sandwiches. As if that weren't horrible enough, while the SmackDown team was in the toilets experiencing post-Arby's distress, some other vile creature wandered along and snatched up his remains. The only traces of sigrist we have left are his abnormally long pinkie fingernail and a single strand of braided pubic hair, which might actually belong to one of the crew.

Rest in peace, sweet prince. We enjoyed your words.

---

Reffster has an advantage for completing Bonus Rounds 3, 4, and 5.

bloodsword has an advantage for completing Redemption Duel 2.

---

Results time:

AngusEcrivain

Sub-genres: GreenPunk + Dying Earth

Judgement by OutrageousOllo

5 FOR PROMPT: GREENPUNK x DYING EARTH went pretty well together. Nice job, dude

3 FOR GRAMMAR

4 FOR ENJOYABILITY: Not a perfect score for this from me, but I did enjoy it still. I like the many-stories-within-one, and I like the science in the subgenres.

Total score - 12/15

Judgement by MadMikeMarsbergen

1. Prompt Adherence - 5/5

Beautiful use of the prompts.

2. Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation - 3/5

Some missing hyphens, and some additional commas would have improved readability.

3. Story Enjoyability - 5/5

Angus never disappoints, which is something I've said multiple times, I think, and I'm sure I'll continue to say it to whoever happens to be around. I laughed out loud many times, and even felt my eyes getting a bit wet near the end. This one feels epic, and, despite the raunchy humour, it's quite thought-provoking.

Total score - 13/15

Combined score - 25/30

sigrist

Sub-genres: SteamPunk + First Contact

Did not submit, eaten by a jaguar.

Combined score - 0/30