Chapter Seven - 20 Questions

I can't believe I'm doing this, but it feels so right..

After a moment of shock passes, he started to kiss me back. He put his hands on my waist pulling me closer to hos body, while I weave my fingers in his hair.

We got lost in the joy of giving into our bond until we ran out of breath. As we pull apart, we put our foreheads together gazing into each others eyes with a small smile.

"So does this mean you're moving into my pack house with me?" He asks hopeful.

"Yes." I chuckle. "I always wanted to Derek but I couldn't go before I knew if people were ok with it or not first is all. I'm sorry I made you wait."

"I understand Mila. But I should tell you, we are leaving in the morning to go back to California. I can't be away with my Beta for too long. And since you and Greg will be moving in, we have to drive there so it will be a longer trip." He stares waiting for me reaction before continuing. "Would that be ok with you?"

I had a feeling this might happen, it's why when talking with everyone today I spent time with them too. But being so far from my family is going to be weird. "That's fine. Honestly I half expected as much." I said with a reassuring smile.

"Well lets go pack and first thing tomorrow we'll hit the road." Derek suggests, a smile spreading across his face.

*************

The next morning we're all up and the cars are packed. After packing the night before, we'd spent the night laughing together with our mates by our side.

I could see Julie being great for Steve, she'll force him to wind down at times but also help him. Staceys mate could barely take his eyes off her all night and I was glad to see she's found someone caring. Even Greg looked more relaxed but still seemed to limit his affection.

Now with our stuff packed in two  SUVs, a warrior driving both. Greg and Chris are in one. Derek and I are in the other. We bid our final goodbyes before hitting the road for a long drive. It'd take half the time in wolf form but given we have our stuff with us this is just easier all around.

**************

To pass some time and get to know each other Derek and I spent some time playing 20 questions.

"Ok, what's your favourite colour?" I ask.

"Red. Yours?" He replies.

"Purple."

"Hmmm... Most embarrassing moment?" He asks.

"Haha umm... probably when Greg and I decided to have an air guitar concert and we were so in the moment singing horribly off key and rocking out that we didn't realise half the pack was watching until we spun around and spotted them." I chuckle at the memory. "We were 12 and it was humiliating at the time but now we laugh at it." He's laughing at the story too.

We kept asking random things until I thought to ask something a bit more personal.

"What's something you regret most?"

His mood seemed to change with that and I suddenly thought I shouldn't have asked.

"You wont like it..." he took in a breath. "I regret not waiting to find you for intimacy..."

I stare at him for a minute before I realise he's talking about sleeping with other people...

I clear my throat so I sound unaffected. "H-How many people...?" I know part of me gets it, he's 22 and honestly at 19 even I wanted to do it and thought about it. But if he's slept with every unmated she-wolf in his pack, it'll be awkward and uncomfortable.

"Only one person. She meant nothing though. It was purely a release for both of us. I'm sorry... if you regret coming now..." He breathes out looking into my eyes gauging my reaction.

I can't pretend it doesn't hurt a little bit, to know some other she-wolf has had that level of intimacy with my mate but I really can't hold the grudge...I really can't say if 3 years on, I'd have saved myself too.

I give him a weak smile. "It sucks but what's done is done, I guess. Please don't lie to me about this kind of thing though."

"I really am sorry, Mila..." he says while pulling me into a hug. I ended up nodding while resting my head on his shoulder, eventually drifting off to sleep for a while since we'd spent so much of the trip talking.

*********

I woke up when we were half an hour out from his pack house. I was now laying with my head on Derek lap and he'd been running his fingers threw my hair.

I sat up slowly to look out the window. The sun had set and the sky was clear with a view of the moon.

I feel Derek hold my hand still feeling cautious of me after his secret was told. I turn to look at him and see him looking out his window. I shift closer to him and turn his face towards me. Wanting this not to hang over our heads I tell him "If you promise it is not something you will continue, I promise I can move on from it too."

He gives me a grateful smile. "I promise I want you and only you Mila."

With that I kiss him. Wanting him to see that I don't care anymore. He kisses back like we haven't for the longest time.

We pull apart when the car comes to a stop. I step out and stretch my limbs. Derek walks us inside up to the top story of his pack house. When we're up there he opens the Alphas room and allows me to walk in first. All of my stuff had been brought up moment before we got here.

It was a beautiful room. A king size bed. A flat screen on the wall. On each side was a door that I assume goes to the bath room and wardrobe.  On the other side was a large glass door that took you to a small balcony.

He goes and grabs some food left for us and we sit on the little couch along the wall eating while getting to know more about each other.

After a late dinner, I went to the bathroom for a quick shower and to freshen up. There was a large tub next to the shower that I'll definitely be trying soon.

After drying myself and my hair I put on some pj shorts and a singlet and walked out to the bedroom. Derek was already changed into boxers and sitting on the bed looking out the balcony.

I cleared my throat and he quickly stood up and turned to face me. "Umm..  I wasn't sure if you'd want to sleep in the same bed or not..."

I chuckle. "I'm fine with sharing a bed. Honestly it's hard to sleep when you're not there.." he gives me a big grin and we get under the soft covers.

He pulls my body to his and I've never felt so at peace as I do right now.

Tomorrow I'll meet my new pack, and honestly I'm nervous they'll hate me but my wolf is reassuring me it's our destiny and we'll be fine.

Breaking me out of my thoughts, Derek kisses my head.

"Good night, love."

"Good night, Derek." I reply as sleep takes over.

---------------------

Grammar edited 10/10/17

What would be one of your 20 questions?

Happy reading.
*!lilnickyc!*