Chapter Twenty - Confronting Secrets

Waking up the next day, I felt complete. Looking over at my handsome mate, I couldn't help admire his features. He looks so peaceful, with bits of brown hair falling over his eyes.

I sweep it aside lightly, gliding my fingers over his beautiful features. Tracing his lips and jaw gently, then lowering my fingers down his neck to his chest. Watching the rise and fall of his toned chest I couldn't help trace around it then move slowly down to his very well sculptured six pack.

I was so entranced by what I was touching that I didn't notice his breathing become heavier. Suddenly his hand came to mine and he pulled it up to his lips for a small kiss.

"I don't mind waking up like that everyday, though the 'no funny business' rule may have to be void." He chuckled, though his eyes were a shade darker.

I blushed furiously when I realised he'd been watching me trace my hand over his body while I shamelessly looked over every detail of him.

"I think I'm feeling pretty good this morning actually, so the 'no funny business' rule might be void already." I said with a cheeky smile.

"Oh really... well if that's the case..." he trailed off while pulling me on top of him. "Maybe we can enjoy some more time together before we go check on everyone." He winked before kissing me gently, slowly the kiss turned heated and his hands roamed my body, like he was memorising it.

"Ok, some more alone time sounds good." I breathed out before we continued to get heated together....

****************

Walking into the kitchen I spotted Dave sitting there already. I cautiously walked over to him before he realised I was there and smiled at me.

"Hey, how'd your night go after I left?" I ask unsure of what to expect.

He gave me a small smile. "Hey Mila. Umm... We spoke a lot. Decided to start fresh and leave the past behind us, but to tell each other everything first. We must have been up most the night... It's a weird feeling, being angry your mate has been with another but also guilty you've been with more..." he said looking down ashamed.

"Hey. You both have a past you're not proud of. Who cares. Your together now, as long as you both do things right it'll be fine. Don't let your past ruin your future hun.." I said gently while my hand on his arm.

"Thank you by the way... you kind of set me straight last night. I appreciate it." I nodded while giving him a small smile.

I heard a low growl from the door before turning to see Alisha there clearing her throat.

"Sorry.. kind of slipped out.." she said sheepishly.

I smiled understanding the feeling given last night. "It's ok."

"I was wondering if we could talk quickly actually..." She asked nervously.

"Of course." I followed her to porch and sat on the steps.

She took a deep breath before turning to me. "I'm sorry for my behaviour prior to today. I've given you no reason to even keep me in the pack, let alone alive but you gave me chances and even convinced my mate to give me one... I'm not sure why you'd do that for me, but I'm really grateful and extremely sorry for the harm I've caused you..." she finished looking at her hands.

The confident snarky woman gone and sitting with me was this vulnerable wolf. I gave her a gentle smile before holding her hand.

She looked up at me surprised. "I tried to give you chances because I can understand. You loved him and I came and he instantly was gone. I'd hoped that maybe you'd see I wasn't out to make your life bad and when I found out Dave was your mate, I knew you weren't a threat to me anymore. Everyone deserves a chance with their mate." I said with a small smile.