Chapter Eight - Training and Challenges

I woke up engulfed in my mates arms. Looking over to the clock, surprised to see it was already 9:30. I look back at his face to see even he was still asleep.

I start to admire his features. He looks so peaceful in his sleep. I really got a looker. I trace my fingers over his jaw, lips then cheek when his eyes slowly open.

"Good morning, beautiful." He croaks out, his voice still hoarse from sleep.

"Good morning. So what's the plan for today?" I ask, kind of excited to see my new home.

"Well, we can go have breakfast then I'll give you a tour of the area. Maybe after lunch I'll show you where we train. Then we'll have dinner with the pack members."

Curiosity grabs me there, "How big is your pack anyway?"

"Roughly 520 members, but it goes up and down too." He says after thinking about it.

"Cool. Sounds like a good day. I'll just get changed then lets go." I say bouncing on the bed a bit.

He chuckles at my enthusiasm and gets up. While he's in the bathroom I go get changed into some knee length leggings and a long singlet. Since it's May, the weather is perfect for me. Spring is by far my favourite season.

When he comes out of the bath room he goes to get dressed into shorts and a t-shirt, while I go to the bathroom to do my business.

************

Once we're both ready we went to the kitchen where I spotted Greg eating breakfast by himself. I went and sat next to him while Derek got us some cereal.

"Hey hun! How's it going?" I said while taking the seat next to him.

"Pretty good, was just so tired after a day stuck in a car haha. How about you?"

I realised I hadn't even told my family that we got here safely, probably should call them after breakfast. "Yeah, I had the best sleep but Steve's gonna kill me, I completely forgot to let them know we got here ok."

"Nah don't stress, I called Alpha Dave when we got here last night and said you looked pretty tired so if he could tell your family.  They know we got here ok." He chuckled at me.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!" I said while giving him a hug.

I hear two low growls which make is quickly turn around, when we're greeted by our mates we instantly started laughing our heads off.

"Oh, would you two chill out..." I laugh.

Derek and Chris came and joined us where we ate and talked about the game plan today.

"Are you going to join in with there training Mila?" Greg asks me.

"I'd like to. It'll be good to learn from new people plus even as a Luna, I need to be able to protect the pack if required."

Derek looks uneasy about it and even Chris looks hesitant about it too.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, love?"

I see Greg chuckle out the corner of my eye knowing it's not something I'm easy to talk out of.

"Yeah, come on. It will be good to learn how you guys train."

Derek looks in thought before he agrees but tells me if I get too hurt then I stop.

Thanks for the confidence boost...

*********

We spent some time after breakfast walking with Chris and Greg, being shown where different places are. I got to meet different people who were out and about too.

We got shown where the Pack hospital is, as well as the cells and even a beautiful place that has a waterfall. I suspect I'll spend a lot of time there.

After meeting some of the nurses, a doctor and a few guards we decided that was enough for now. The other areas we didn't have time to see, we could just find ourselves if we were ever bored. We headed back to the pack house for lunch where some pack members were also having lunch.

Standing around the island bench while our sandwiches were being made, I felt like I was being watched. When I turned around, I spot a blonde girl glaring at me. When she sees me looking back she quickly looks away.

***********

After lunch we head towards a massive clearing where we see heaps of pack members. We walk towards a buff looking guy who honestly almost resembles a drill sergeant...

"Hello Alpha Derek. Hello Beta Chris." The man greets them with a nod.

"Hello Nathan. This is Greg, Chris' mate. And Mila, my mate and Luna."

He smiles and shakes our hands. He seems friendly enough.

"This is Nathan, he's our packs Head Warrior. He's deadly and trains all the warriors to get to his standard. But he's a good guy, so don't be too intimidated if you need to approach him." Derek chuckles while Nathan seems to playfully glare at his nice side being outed.

"I'd like to join your training today, if that's ok with you sir?"

He looks shocked and looks to the Alpha for an answer. Derek reluctantly nods with a sigh.

"Sure but just know we fight pretty hard. You not only have to be able to hit but be able to a take a hit too."

Does he think no one ever got a hit on me at my old pack?

"That's perfectly fine sir, I wouldn't want it any other way." I say with a grin.

"Ok, lets head over and get started then." Nathan says walking to the rest of the pack.

"OK EVERYONE. PAY ATTENTION!" Everyone goes silent and looks towards Nathan.

"WE'RE WARMING UP FIRST, SO GO DO LAPS AROUND THE CLEARING TIL I SAY STOP!" With that all of us start running. Derek, Chris and Greg stay back watching and talking.

After we're done running laps, we're told to pair up and spar in human form. It was hard work because they have great stamina but I kept up, honestly loving the challenge. Being better then others meant only so many people were hard enough work to help me improve.

After half hour of sparing Nathan yells out to for a fighting circle.

"So, who wants to jump in first huh? Fight until you submit or tap out!"

"I challenge the Luna to a fight, if she's up for it!" A voice yells from the back of the circle. A few people gasp that someone is challenging me. Had I volunteered to fight we would just be sparing but this person was bluntly wanting to challenge me.

When people part way for the person, I see Derek and Chris look at each other stiffly before looking back at me with... guilt?

When I look back over, the blonde girl from earlier comes out with a deadly glare on her face. That's the moment I realise she must be the she-wolf that Derek slept with...

Well this just got interesting... And boy was she in for a surprise if she thought I'd ever let her win this fight...

-------------------
Grammar edited 10/10/17

Who do you think will win?

Happy reading
*!lilnickyc!*