Chapter Twenty One - Welcoming A New Mate

After filling the large tub with hot water and bubbles. I lit candles and stripped my clothes. I slid back slowly calming down. Feeling lost with conflicted emotions.

I'm so angry they keep this from me... I sulk to my wolf.

She'll always be my best friend, even thought our wolves don't talk a lot they still do when needed.

I know. But they were protecting us. We wanted revenge after his death, we'd have looked for it had we known. She soothed my mind.

I thought over it for a while. All of this had made me realise how much I miss my annoying little brother.

I didn't know how long I let the tears stream down my face before Dereks voice sounded from the other side of the door.

"Mila, sweetheart. Can I come in?" He said softly.

"Yeah..." I sighed.

He came in, shutting the door behind him. Sitting next to the bathtub on the floor, he wiped my tears away. "How you feeling now?" He asked warily.

I gave him a sad smile. "Conflicted to be honest. I'm hurt and angry that my family knew but I understand because I was a mess when Rory died. I guess it's just a lot to take in..."

He nodded understanding my conflicted feelings. "Steve called back. He wanted to talk to you, I told him you went to calm down and you'll be ok."

I sighed knowing Steve must be freaking out... "I'll call him later."

After I felt calm enough to call him, I did. I told him I get it and I'm not mad at him but the situation. He gets it and is just happy I'm not cutting him off.

Feeling a bit better Derek and I went to bed. Though I didn't sleep well, all I could do was think.

************

The day came for Sam to be released from the cells. We were in June and the weather was amazing. Derek and I went to the cells together to let Sam out and discuss guidelines.

"Hello Alpha and Luna!" He said cheerfully.

"Well don't you seem happy for a guy locked in a cell. A fortnight maybe wasn't enough..." Derek trails off.

Sam chuckles. "It beats watching your back all day and night. Plus your pack cells aren't too bad."

Derek chuckled but nodded understanding. "Well we're going to let you out today and show you where you'll sleep. You are being given one chance until you've proven you're trustworthy. Don't hit on mated wolves, the fights can cause a lot of damage. You'll be in the pack house so help yourself to food. When a pack meeting or event is held, you're required to come. If you're unsure of anything, just ask. Am I clear?" Derek says knowing Sam has never lived a pack life.

He smiles liking the sound of it all so far. "Crystal clear, Alpha."

We walk out of the cells together, Derek tells us he's informing the pack of Sam so no one attacks him accidentally.

Arriving at the pack house, we take him to an empty room. We had already given it a quick clean and filled the draws with some clothes. It was still fairly empty.

"This will be where you stay. You can do as you please with the room, and the bathroom is just across the hall. It has a sign so its easy to spot and also a lock for privacy."

He nodded still looking amazed at what we were giving him after whats happened.

He decided to have a shower and shave before he'd join us for lunch after. We told him to take his time while Derek and I made lunch for the three of us.

By the time he was done we had finished making about 10 sandwiches. We always tend to make too much because others tend to join in a lot.

He looked so much better, his hair and skin was clean and he shaved his face. Fresh jeans and black t-shirt on, he looked like a new person.

"This is incredible." He moaned into his sandwich.

"What do you normally eat?" I couldn't help but ask if a sandwich seemed so amazing.

"What I could kill or find. Nothing like this though. By the way, my clothes smell amazing. Its kind of distracting." He says looking confused.

"They don't smell like anything." Derek chimed in, confused about what Sam was talking about.

I chuckled curious if what I suspect was true. Like the stars were aligned, Evey bounced into the kitchen, joining the conversation. "I bought the clothes, what's wrong with how they smell....?" She trailed off, suddenly looking at Sam.

I grabbed Dereks hand watching them just stare at each other. I half thought he would go all cave man about his sister with a man but he liked Sam, so I kind of hoped he'd be calm.

"Wow, my little sister and the newly rehabilitated Sam. At least you should be able to keep up with her insane energy level." Derek chimed in, smirking at them snapping out of their trance.

"What?" Evey asked, confused by Dereks reference to Sam.

"Evey, this is Sam. He was the rogue we had in the cells that gave us information and is joining the pack.  Sam, this is Alpha Dereks little sister, Evey." I introduced.

"You mean one of the ones that attacked you, is joining our pack and is my mate?!" She asked suddenly shocked.

Sam winced and looked down ashamed.

"Evey, I wouldn't let him live or join if he was a bad person. The rogue leader forced them to do as commanded, they're sent to hunters as play things if they didn't. Sam is the only wolf during that fight that attacked me but never actually harmed me." I explained hoping to calm her down.

She looked into my eyes for any lies before sighing. She looked over to Sam only to see he still was looking down at his hands awaiting her reaction.

Walking over to him, she sat next to him and lift his face up. "Hi Sam. I'm Evey.  Welcome to our pack." She said with a friendly smile.

His face lit up, "Hey Evey. Thanks..." He trailed off, lost in her eyes. Slowly his hand went behind her neck and he pulled his forehead to hers.

"I don't know what I did to deserve this, a new start, clothes and food. And to find my mate the day I join your pack... But I'm so grateful. Thank you." Sam says to us while looking at Evey.

Derek chuckles, "You're welcome mate. But don't hurt my sister." He warns.

Sam chuckles at the playful threat. "I wouldn't imagine it."

"Well, you still have one hurdle to survive..." Derek says snickering.

Evey looks at him confused.

"He still has to survive meeting our mother..." he laughs at Eveys mortified face.

Well at least it's not me again...

---------------
Grammar edited 18/12/17

Happy reading
*!lilnickyc!*