Chapter Twenty Nine - A Friend In Hell

The next day the door swung open with a loud thud, startling me awake. I look over to see the Blake dragging in a skinny looking guy, he looks maybe my age but he looks utterly terrified.

"What'd you tell them?!" Blake yells making the guys jump in fear.

"N-Nothing, sir. I swear, I ran as soon as I could." He pleads.

"Bullśhìť! They were pack wolves. You're a ďàmń traitor!" Blake glares back.

"Sir, I swear I never spoke to them!" He says begging the brutish Blake to believe him.

Blake gives a low growl before punching the skinny guy in the stomach.

As the guy doubled over, wheezing to get air back. I struggled to keep my mouth shut up til this point.

"Oh Blake. Cut the śhìť. He's clearly telling the truth. If he had told them, they'd be here." I tell him firmly. Making sure to sound convincing.

He growls at me before staring at the shaking guy he just hit.

"If I find out you've said a thing, I'll beat you to death. Am I clear?" He threatens, taking a fierce step forward.

The guy just vigorously nods before he's picked up by his scruff and my cell door's unlocked.

"He can stay here a while until we decide we trust him. You, little runt, can watch this lovely lady scream day in and day out until you understand what your fate is if you have screwed us over." He snarls.

After throwing the poor guy harshly to the floor, Blake slams the cell door shut.

"Your friend is busy at the moment but don't worry, he'll be down soon." He snarls at me before leaving.

I flinch as it slams before turning to the guy curled into a ball. He's shaking and cowering from my gaze.

"Hey there." I say quietly. "My name is Mila, what's yours?"

He looks up cautiously and I give him a small smile which seems to give hin comfort.

"I'm Patrick." He whispers.

"Come sit up on the mattress, ok?" I pat the side of the bed with the walls corner.

He slowly crawls over and leans onto the wall before I see silent tears flow down his face.

I slowly shuffle a bit closer before I slowly place my arm around his shoulder, pulling him to me.

"It's ok. I'll try to keep you safe. We'll be ok." I whisper while rubbing my hand gently up and down his arm.

He starts to sob for a few minutes before he pulls himself together and sits up to look at me.

"Why are you here?" He asks lowly.

He doesn't seem like he should even be here to be honest. All I see is skin and bone as well as being scared out of his mind. I wonder why he's even here. I figure if I want to know, I probably have to open up a bit first.

"The hunter and I have history, he's doing to me what I'd love to be doing to him... but my mate will find me... I know he will." I say looking sad missing him.

"Oh, you're who they were looking for." He whispers.

"Who...?" I ask cautiously.

"I think, I met my mate... he was with others from a pack. We're in unclaimed territory at the moment and they looked like they were looking for a scent before they spotted me." He says carefully.

I think about what he's told me, hope bubbling in my body that maybe they're close to us. Perhaps they were from Derek or Daves Pack.

"Can you describe the person you think is your mate for me?" I ask carefully not to spook him.

He gives the best smile before telling me what he could see. Honestly he sounds like Trav but I know he's mated. Perhaps its someone related to him... but I could be wrong.

"He sounds great looking." I tell him nicely.

"Umm... What did he mean when he said I'll be watching you scream?" He asks nervously.

I give him a humorless chuckle. "I've been getting tortured for a bit here. I suspect they want to scare you by making you watch."

Two weeks of this and my stength is near gone and I'm certainly weaker than I'm comfortable with. My wolf is healing slower than she's ok with.

I've had this sick bàśťàŕď do anything he can think of that wont fatally kill me. And while he slices at my side with his favorite silver blade, he doesn't use it all the time. Though I suspect it's to allow me to heal between it all or so I last longer for his amusement.

"Are you who the group was looking for?" He asked cautiously.

"I suspect so. The man you described as your mate seems similar to someone I know but they're mated. So, either it's a coincidence or a relative." I tell him honestly.

"Why are you here? It doesn't seem like you want to be." Letting my curiosity win.

"Umm... my brother actually was part of this. But he died recently and I'm stuck here. I wish we just tried joining a pack or made a treaty and lived a normal life but I couldn't leave him. Not long after joining, I think even he regretted joining this lot." He tells me sadly.

"I'm very sorry. This all started because the hunter killed my brother, and I killed his. Would you like the idea of joining a pack if we get out of here?" I ask, unsure of his wants now that it's just him.

"It would be great to find my mate and start a new life... but these guys are soulless. They'd never let me go unless dead." He sighs before looking at me properly. "I'm sorry about your brother too by the way." He then averted his eyes.

"I promise I'll do what I can to keep you safe and alive. Maybe who ever you spotted can help us." I say reassuring him, though even I spotted the lack of confidence in my voice.

Next thing I know, the bàśťàŕď walks in with a sadistic grin on his face. He eyes Patrick before looking at me.

"You're looking better my dear. Since today we are making a point, I do hope you have saved some of that healing ability because you'll need it." He chuckles while he clicks his fingers.

Blake comes down and opens my cell. After doing the routine of injecting me then putting me where he wants me, he looks straight in my eyes for a second. I saw pity and guilt looking back at me, I suspect my eyes show exhaustion and sadness.

"Now my dear, lets begin." He grins before grabbing his knife and plunging it straight into my thigh.

"Aaahhhhhhh!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I wasn't expecting that straight away, at least if he makes me scream someone scouting may hear... please hear me...

"Stop!" Patrick yells afterwards.

"No! You will learn to be a loyal mutt whether you like it or not. And this will be you if you're not quiet." The hunter tells him.

"It's ok... I'm ok..." I pant, smiling weakly and pleading with my eyes to shut up.

"You think so, my dear. But you wont be for long." He whispers in my ear before resuming his handy work on me.

I don't even know if I'll survive today. He seems to be going all out this time.

I just need to keep it on me and keep Patrick safe.

-------------

Happy reading
*!lilnickyc!*