Chapter Thirty Two - Back To Reality

Chapter altered to different POV 20/12/2017
☆☆☆☆☆

Dereks POV

Slowly, I start to become aware of the world going on around me. I can hear repetitive beeping, some times hear people talking around me. I'm even feeling more and more aware to the point that I suspect I'm in some sort of hospital.

Peeling my eyes open, my suspicion is confirmed when I see the heart monitor connected to my finger, as well as the blindingly white walls and ceiling.

Moments later, doctor Marve walks in without looking up from his files. As soon as he does, I see surprise on his face at me being awake.

"Welcome back Alpha. I'm relieved to see you awake. How are you feeling?" He asks with a relieved smile.

"I'm... sore. My chest hurts and my body aches a bit." I say confused about why I ache at all.

"That's be expected. You lost a lot of blood when you were stabbed in the chest. The fact that you had just taken a silver knife right next to your heart, your body was struggling to heal and stop the bleeding. Your wolf has spent the time you were unconcious trying to heal you but between the knife and the injection they gave you, he's struggled." He smiled sadly.

Are you ok? I asked my wolf, hoping he was still there.

Yes... just need rest. I finally heard my wolf reply and a wave of relief flooded through my system before reliving what had happened.

"Wait, where's Mila? Is she ok? Where's Chris? And Steve? Is everyone ok? And what happened to the hunters and rogues?!" I all but yell feeling frustrated and panicked, being that no one else was by my bed side.

The doctor gave a warm smile and approached my bed before sitting in the chair near by.

"Steve is here, he just went to get coffee as well as Greg and Chris. I think they would be better at explaining what happened, as I wasn't there. Mila sadly, is still unconscious. She has suffered severe trauma as well as the constant affect the injections had on her. We expect she will wake up soon enough due to her healing, though we aren't sure if anything is perminant or long term. " He tells me softly.

"Ok... So, how long til she wakes up?" I ask, trying to keep my anger and sadness at bay.

"We aren't sure, Alpha. The condition she came to the hospital in, it was a miracle she made it here alive. She had been stabbed as well as the torture she endured. We are hoping in the next week or two but she's had some close calls while she's been unconscious." He says cautiously.

My eyes must be flicking to black as I watch him take a wary step backwards.

"How long have we been out?" I ask realising that my chest isn't too bad, compared to had it just happened.

"You were out for two weeks, Alpha. The wolfsbane makes healing slow down, which was why your wound was so life threatening. You had actually died for a minute before Katy got your heart beating again." He explains.

To say I'm shocked is an understatement. I had died. I've been out for two weeks. But what scared me the most was that Mila still had another week or two before she'd even regain consciousness.

"I need to see her. Now." I order the doctor. Flashes of Milas beaten and battered form float into my mind but to know she was stabbed with a silver knife as well puts fear into me. I need to see for myself that she's alive.

"Of course, Alpha." Doctor Marve says before he helps me into a wheelchair. He directs me to the room next door.

As soon as we enter my world feels like it just stopped. Looking at my mate, she has an I.V. in her arm, a breathing mask on her face and a heart monitor going at a steady pace. Her beautiful face is bruised, pale and has cuts still trying to heal. So much of her body is bandaged to help aid the healing process too. Seeing her motionless pushes just me over my breaking point.

I grab her cold hand before breaking down at her bed side. I'm sure my cries can be heard by anyone is the medical wing but I just can't care. I'm clutching her hand for dear life, willing her to be ok and wake up.

"Please wake up... I need you!" I beg, "I can't lose you when I just found you again, you have to wake up!" I rant before the weight of it all comes crashing down. "Please wake up..." I whisper.

I don't know how long I sit by her side begging her to be ok and wake up. But I'm startled when I feel someone put their hand on my shoulder from behind.

Looking over to see who it is, I see Steve looking torn to pieces as well. I turn back to look at Milas sleeping form with Steve by my side.

Finding out they don't know when my mate will wake up has just killed my remaining sanity. I need her to wake up and show me everything will be ok.

"She'll be ok... I promise." Steves soothes my expression wavering from sadness to anger.

Chris and Greg walk in not long later with some food for us. Greg looks like he's barely slept a wink, just like Steve. Chris looks exhausted but he must have had a lot on his shoulders these passes two weeks. Surely he's had to juggle being there for Greg while dealing with pack work.

"The pack understands whats going on, I'm looking after everything while you both recover." Chris tells me, almost reading my mind. I simply nod in acknowledgement.

Greg comes up and sits on the other side of the bed for the remainder of the night. At some point the doctor said I needed rest but I refused to leave Milas side. So they moved a bed in for me, given I mainly needed rest now. Apparently us being close will be good for us too.

**************

A week had passed and I haven't left her side. The only time I wasn't with her was when I went to the adjoining bathroom to quickly shower.

The boys told me that the hunters got killed and that the rogues had fled or turned on the hunters in hopes to be spared. Basically killing the leader earlier in the night and the second in command had put others off following their fate. I'm relieved to know they at least aren't a problem.

At the moment it's been seven days since I woke up and I keep having vivid nightmares of her tortured body laying in the hospital bed. Tonight was no different, trying to get to her without actually being able to move closer, yelling for her to wake up and come back to me but she stays in her hospital bed.

When the dream is over, instead of jolting awake like I did every time, I am met with a lake that has a large full moons reflection in it.

A woman in white walks up to me and without thinking, I kneel. Confused by my own actions, I look back up at her with a bewildered expression.

"It's ok. Most do that when first meeting me. Your wolf recognised who I am." She spoke with such a soothing voice.

"Who are you exactly?" I ask, feeling a bit anxious that I haven't woken up yet.

"I think you know who I am." She smiles sweetly.

"The mood godness?" I ask, kind of feeling over whelmed. She simply nods.

"Why am I here? I need to wake up, I want to be there if Mila wakes up. Please." I beg, panicked as to how long I'll be out for.

"Relax, my dear." She soothes. "I hate to see my children go down the wrong path, but it happens. The hunters were killed or scared off after you had passed out. Most of the remaining rogues have fled the state and I have them compeled to keep going." She gives me a warm smile.

"I am here to apologize to you for all you both endured. I wish to grant you a wish of your choosing. Nothing I do will make up for what has happened, but if I can bring you some happiness, I'll be forever pleased to do so. If I can grant you anything what would it be?" She asks while giving me a heart warming smile.

I dont even have to think twice about what I want.

*********

Happy Reading
*!lilnickyc!*