Chapter 4

My first lecture was just our tutor, Daniel, telling us about what we'd be doing in this particular course and what it would entail etc etc. At 2, I arrived at the canteen and sat on a table near the main doors, so that Ash would see me when he walked in to meet me.

I was waiting for about half an hour until I saw Alex walking over to me. I smiled at him as he came and sat next to me, "Hey," I said smiling. He winked, "Hey, gorgeous. How are you?" My heart fluttered at his soft American accent and I blushed, "Good thanks you?" he asked, looking into my eyes. "I'm good thanks," I smiled at him. My god he was beautiful. "So, what are you doing over here on your own? Waiting for someone?" I suddenly remembered about Ash and sighed, looking down. "Yeah I was.. but I guess they aren't turning up." He craned his neck to look into my eyes, "Oh, so..have you been stood up? That's a shame, beautiful thing like you going to waste." I laughed and blushed, "Hardly beautiful but, thanks." I couldn't believe that he thought I was beautiful! I thought he was beautiful! So, for that lunch, Alex sat with me and we talked about loads of stuff, and we got to know each other so well.

When I got back to the dorm, I found Ash on his phone to some girl. I stood there staring at him, glaring. "Look, baby, I gotta go. I'll call you later." I stared at him, "And who was that??" I asked, my anger building up inside of me. He just sat there on his bed, playing with his lip ring using his teeth. "A girl, why?" I sighed angrily, "Oh and where were you at 2?" He looked at me, really confused, "I have no clue what you're talking about..." I laughed in disbelief, wow what an ass. "You told me to meet you at the canteen at 2, I.. I was waiting for you." I felt slightly embarrassed, because I knew that he couldn't care less about me or my feelings. "Oh, sorry I forgot." is all he said. I raised my eyebrows at him, "Wow, you really are an asshole aren't you? You really couldn't care any less could you, Ashton? You know what, don't even bother anymore. You are a waste of my time. I tried to get to know you, and you just threw it back in my face. So you know what? Fuck you, I'm done."

I walked out of the dorm, slamming the door. Tears streamed down my face as I tried to wipe them away. Part of me hoped that Ash would come out of the dorm and try to apologise, but no. He was a waste of my time and effort. But still, I couldn't get him out of my head. I really think that I liked him!