Chapter 17

"Are you nervous about me meeting your mum?" Ashton asked me as he tugged his shirt on and buttoned up his jeans. I looked away from the mirror and shrugged, "Not really, to be honest. Are you?" I asked, turning back to the mirror, continuing my mascara application. I saw him shake his head out of the corner of my eye, "Not at all."

The night before, we both packed suitcases and bags ready to go out the next day. We couldn't get flight tickets sadly, so we chose to get to Paris by going on the Euro Tunnel. We packed up the car and Ash slammed the boot shut, "This is going to be an interesting day."

"It sure is," I replied, putting on my seatbelt.

The drive to my mum's house was going to take a while, so we stopped off to get a coffee and something to eat. As I drove I noticed Ashton fidgeting quite a bit, wringing his hands and shifting awkwardly. "What's wrong?" I asked. He looked over at me and breathed out very heavily.

"I was just thinking."

"About what?" I asked, concerned.

"What if your mum hates me? Like, I know I said I wasn't nervous or anything but I am now a little bit," he looked at me like a lost puppy. I'd never seen him nervous before. "Hey, don't worry about it," I said, putting my hand on his leg, "she isn't uptight at all, I seriously think that she's going to love you, Ash."

He squeezed me hand, "I hope so."

I pulled into mum's drive noticing the new car on the drive which I guessed was mum's 'boyfriend's' car. It was quite flashy as well. We got out of the car and we walked to the door, before I rang the bell. "You okay?" I asked Ash. He nodded and I kissed him on the cheek. The door opened and there was standing my mum. She looked quite different. She looked so happy, which I guess made her prettier. She was glowing and her smile was real for the first time in a long time.

"Hey, honey!" she said to me, wrapping her arms around me. I hugged her back, holding onto her. I really had missed her a lot. "Hey mum. This is Ash," I said, letting go of my mum and putting my arm around Ashton's waist. My mum smiled, "It's lovely to meet you!" she gave him a quick hug which, Ash hugged back and I laughed. "He's very good looking isn't he?" my mum said. I laughed at her, "Yes, he is! But he's mine, okay?" I said. Ash smirked and blushed. He was being all quiet, it was quite strange, because he was never like that when he was with me. "It's really nice to meet you, Miss Watson. I just want to say that your daughter is amazing, I can see where she gets it from," he said.

There was the Ashton I knew.