Chapter 5

A couple months passed and I talked to Ashton as infrequently as possible. I was working hard and I'd been down to visit my parents and Clarissa a couple times, and had made more mates around the university, especially a girl called Tina. Me and Alex got a lot closer and started talking more. Ashton kept bringing random girls back to the dorm that he'd just make-out with whilst I was in the same room! But I never saw the same girl twice; he had a new girl every night pretty much.

After my lecture one day, Alex came over to me, "Uh hey, Lily. Wanna to come back to my dorm? I don't really understand what we're doing right now in Philosophy. Do you think you could help me?" he smiled. I thought about it for a minute- why not? "Uh, yeah. Sure!" I replied. He smiled, taking my hand, "I love your accent by the way." He kissed me on the cheek and we both walked back to his dorm.

On the way back to Alex's dorm, we saw Ashton. He called me over, "Hey, Lily!" I tried my hardest to ignore him and not care about what he had to say, but I couldn't help myself. "One minute," I said to Alex as I walked over to Ash. "Look, Lily. I'm sorry. I've been a bit of an ass. I'm sorry, I think that we should at least try to get along if we're going to be room mates, you know? So, I'm sorry. I like you. I think I really like you. I just, I've not been acting right around you. All those other girls, they don't mean anything to me. I like you. I'm sorry I ju- look, meet me at the dorm later. And, be careful with Alex yeah?" H e said to me. It was a lot to take in at once. What did he mean 'be careful'? And why had he all of a sudden decided that he liked me? "Yeah, I'll see you there later. Me and Al are just going to revise. What do you mean by 'be careful'?" Ash sighed and laughed, " 'Revise' yeah okay have fun with that. And he's a bit of an ass I mean-"

I stopped him, "No. No, you don't know him like I do. You are the ass, Ashton. You've treated me like shit for all this time, you bring all these sluts back the dorm and now all of a sudden, you say you like me. Yeah, like I'm going to believe that. You're just jealous that there's one girl that you can't get. So, how am I supposed to know that you won't treat me like all your other sluts?" He stood there, not knowing what to say, "Fine, get hurt then." He walked off down the corridor. I sighed and looked down at the floor. "Look, you don't need him, Lily. Come on, let's go."

When we got to his dorm he opened the door and tugged me in. He shut the door and hugged me close and I didn't really know what was going on. I laughed into his chest, "Are you okay?" He inhaled heavily before letting go of me, "Yeah. I am now. Can I show you what I needed help with?" he asked me. I smirked, "Yeah, sure."

Alex had his arm around me the whole time we were 'revising'. About an hour into revision, he pulled me closer. I laughed, "What are you doing?" He sighed, "Lily, I just. I really like you. I didn't know how else to say it," He was looking down into my eyes. He got up off his bed and pulled me up with him. He pulled me close and started kissing me. We started like full-on making out and it got pretty steamy. We made our way to his bed, without breaking the kiss. He was on top of me, his hand travelling up my thigh and making it's way up the side of my shorts.

Suddenly the door swung open, and standing there was Ash, bright red. Alex turned his head around, his hand still up the side of my shorts. "Oh, having fun revising?" Ash asked angrily. I sighed, "I just don't get why you care! Just leave me alone Ashton!" Ash shook his head, "I can't." Alex moved so that I could sit up, "Why can't you?" I asked, wondering what sort of bullshit answer Ashton would come up with this time. "Because, he's playing you." I sat there for a minute and stared into Alex's eyes and laughed. Alex didn't even look worried. Alex wouldn't play me, I knew he wouldn't. I shook my head at Ash, "No. No, just go." I could tell by looking at him, that Ashton was very quickly getting angry. "No, get up now," he said as we both just stayed where we were. He came over to the bed, "No! Ashton don't you dare do anything! Don't fuck this up for me." I half pleaded, trying not to sound desperate. He dragged Alex off the bed and threw him on the floor before dragging me up by my wrists, "Put your shirt on," he said throwing my top at me.

I couldn't help myself from crying as Ash dragged me away, "Alex, I'm so sorry," I whispered.