Chapter 12

As I waited outside where I was going to take my exam, more and more people started lining up, ready to sit the exam. As I stood there carelessly picking off my nail varnish, I looked up to see Alex walking over. I didn't really know what to do, so I decided to pretend that I hadn't seen him and carried on looking down at my nails. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see him walking over. Shit shit shit shit shit he's seen me.

I looked up at him as he came up by my side. "Hey, you okay?" I asked, not making eye-contact, keeping my eyes down. "Um, yeah. Kind of pissed that you haven't spoken to me since that thing happened with Ash." My stomach tightened and I didn't know what to say- so I lied.

"I know, I'm really sorry. These past few days have been crazy. I mean that thing happened with him first of all, then I had a massive go at him. I went to speak to someone about moving accommodation into my friend Zoe's dorm. So, I'm really sorry that I haven't seen you.." I sighed and shrugged. He nodded slowly, "Oh. Okay. So, have you move into your friend's dorm now?" he asked, "I mean, I'm going to need to know where you are, so that I can you know," he winked at me, "come and see you." I laughed fakely, "I'll show you later." He furrowed his brow. "Why don't you show me after the exam?" I hesitated- I was supposed to be calling Ash straight after I got out of the exam and meeting him. "Uh, look. I reckon I'll be knackered. I'll show you it tomorrow?" I tried to think of any excuse possible. He pouted, "Pleeaase?" he pulled me in close. I looked around to see Calum, Ashton's friend who I'd met the other day, looking at me and Alex with a confused look and a furrowed brow. I quickly pushed Alex off me, "Not now. Look I'll speak later. I just need to concentrate on the exam, okay?"

Throughout the whole exam, I kept noticing Alex looking at me from the side, but I tried my hardest to ignore it. After I got out, I tried to be quick so that Alex wouldn't say anything to me, and wouldn't notice that I had gone. "Hey, Lily! Wait up!" he said to me outside, running after me. "Are we going back to your new dorm?" he said winking. "I.. I can't, baby. I'm so tired and I just need to get something to eat and sleep." He frowned and shook his head, "Yeahh, but I wanted to see you. I missed you." I turned to see Calum staring at me as he walked past. I opened my mouth to say something to him but he shook his head and me. Shit what if he tells Ashton? "Look. I'm sorry. But I have to go, I'll see you soon, okay?" I went to walk away but he span me round and kissed me very deeply. It was really cringey and lasted ages. He rammed his tongue in my mouth as well.

"What?" I heard as I pulled away from Alex and span around. I saw Ash standing there with flowers. I was guessing that they were for me. I shook my head, "Ash, it's not-"

"Yeah, it's not what it looks like. Heard it all before. Don't bother, Lily. Okay? I'm tired of this. but, really? Him? After everything we've been through and after what I told you about him? Nice choice there, Lils. Well done, you obviously picked the better guy," he looked down at the flowers in his hand and shrugged, "these were for you but I doubt you'd want them now." he threw them in a nearby bin and walked of, putting his hand in his pockets, shaking his head.

Alex looked at me angrily and confused, "You're seeing him?"

"No, I'm not, it's complicated," I was trying to think of an excuse. Of course I didn't like Alex, but I just didn't want him to know that I was with Ashton. It wasn't that I was ashamed of Ash, it was just that I didn't want Alex to hurt me or Ashton, even though I knew Ash could take care of himself.

"How complicated?" he asked angrily. I sighed and shook my head, "Look, Alex. What happened was that... after that night, Ash told me what really happened," it took all my courage to say that to him, "what you were going to do. The bet, how you were only getting with me, so that your creepy ass mates could 'have a piece'. That's just sick, Alex. How could you do that to me?" I said. He stared me angrily. "I don't know what you're talking about," he said, sneering at me and shaking his head. I sighed and laughed, "You do! I have proof that it happened!" He got very angry, very quickly.