twenty | O B S T R I G I L L A T E

Eve's outburst caused both 9S and 2B to nearly collapse and lose all their senses. The pods being unaffected by the harmful attack, were the only beings able to move swiftly around and initiate attacks against Eve. 9S still continued to hack through, and 2B could only stumble over carcasses, avoiding any contact with any aerial attacks. With the seconds passing, the female YorHa was soon unable to access her weapons with the damage dealt on her physical body.

Pod 042 targeted missiles at the only enemy in sight. Eve was already engulfed in a his own grief, but not only was his grief controlling his actions, it was the instructions given to him by his brother. His face contorted into a sneer as he felt 9S' presence resonate through his body. This was getting tiresome. Already putting in his last defense with the only strength he had left, he pushed himself to force out the intruder as it tried to cease his control over the aerials attacks.

Though it appeared that Eve only persisted with his attacks, he would allow himself to die anyways. He wasn't free of the network that continues to bind he and his brother. It allowed them waste away at their physical bodies without damaging their consciousness. Pride tore through Eve, knowing that if he let the two androids live, he'll have to deal with them again. Adam assured him that they soon would no longer need to with the plan he set up from the moment he laid eyes on _____.

Eve growled as he fell to the earth in defeat. His left arm was gone and the floating debris began to dissipate as 2B clenched her fingers around the hilt of her broken sword. She held the sword in one hand while shuffling on the uneven ground to finish off Eve. 9S remained behind her and had already contracted the virus from Eve as a final parting gift.

Eve said nothing as the broken sword was raised above his head. He was about to mutter something, only to suck up his words and accept that his body was about to be taken. Soon enough, it pierced through his head and 2B unsheathed the blade and threw it aside to rush to her partner's aid. 9S proceeded to demand that he was killed as well, for the infected data was not meant to be sent back to Bunker server in fear of infecting an even larger mass.

She was almost unaware of the fact her body began retreating and that she was hyperventilating due to the familiar yet terrifying sight of an infected Caine. Gracelessly tripping over absolutely nothing, her legs nearly gave out as she attempted to press herself against the doors that refused to let her through. Her fingernails clawed at the doors while Caine remained emotionlessly peering down at the pathetic sight of her retreat.

A chuckle echoed through the room and _____ was already beginning to faint from shock. The corners of her vision began blurring, but it was most likely from the tears that she was about to shed. Smooth lips began to open as Caine began to speak, "The androids honor and worship your kind so much."

"It's a shame you're the only one in existence. The rest died out long ago."

"The Commander created you along with another human in order to attempt repopulation of mankind. The last bit of human information was wasted on your counterpart as he died as an infant."

"Of course, she couldn't just leave you to die. That would be inhumane. We androids worship you, protect you from beings like us. Those who are considered living but still soulless."

"Who are you? Wh--"

"--I am 13E. We have never met before."

13E advanced towards the human who only shut her eyes at the hand that reached below her chin. Steady fingers traced above her trachea and tickled up to her cheek. They comfortably place themselves along with another hand at both sides of the human's face. Thumbs gently rub at the hot and moist skin. The infected android smiles almost mockingly as _____ opened her eyes slowly. Those red eyes overtook the calm green that used to be there.