Questions

Mikey's POV.
We had called the police when we came back, mom and dad were still sleeping/out cold on the couch. I was holding Bryce's hand while waiting for the police. They came in a matter of minutes.

We sat talking at the dinner table. The asked me loads of questions about them and their problem.

"How long have they been drinking?"

"My entire life. They stopped for a couple of months when my mom was pregnant with my sister."

"Have they been physically hurting you and your sister for all of that time?"

"My sister a couple of times, but for me...as long as I can remember. I've been taking care of Sarah since she was 2 months old."

"Since you are 19 you can get custody of her, is your interested?"

"Yes, but I wonder if she wouldn't be happier with a family that could take care of her better?"

The man looked up from his papers and looked at me. He had an understanding look and it was very comforting.

"She can tell us whether she wants to stay with you or not. But it can be challenging to have a child that young to take care all by yourself. But as I understand it, you have been the one who has taken care of her by yourself for her entire life."

"Well, I had the money from our parents, but other than that...yes."

They asked more questions then they took my parents away, I wasn't quite sure where. But I didn't really care because they had never actually cared for me or Sarah.

I zoned out and didn't say anything I just followed Bryce upstairs. I was thinking about what would be best for Sarah. I mean I had money and I had social media. But I could think what would be best, what if she got a new family that didn't take care of her properly? What if they were amazing and she forgot about me? Now I was just laying in my bed in Bryce's arms when I fell asleep.

I woke up alone and my phone said it was 15.30 I should have gotten Sarah 30 minutes ago.

I got up quickly and ran downstairs. Then I saw the door open, Bryce and Sarah were walking in.

"Hey, baby. How was your nap?" Bryce said walking over to me giving me a peck on the lips.

"Okay, I guess. I'm sorry I should have gotten you, Sarah."

"Nah it's fine. Bryce told me that mommy and daddy are gone. And you needed to sleep because you're tired."

I looked over at Bryce, he had done all of that and I knew it was because he loved me. I gave him silent thanks then crouched down next to Sarah.

"Sarah, I can get you a nice family that will take care of you or you can stay here with me. But maybe you'll be happier with a family..."

"Mikey I want to stay here with you...and Bryce."

This is where I felt a hand pull me up,
"Then that's what we'll do."

I was now standing in Bryce's arms. I smiled into his chest.

Okay, so no more evil parents, just my sister, my boyfriend and me.
___________________________
Hope you enjoyed. Leave suggestions in the comments.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️