Cinque ~ Pretty Things

Leo ~

She was a girl.

Her name was Leo.

She was Miss Leo Valdez.

Leo felt tears escape and run down her face once more as Nico changed pronouns and called her a she.

Her stomach erupted with a warm, soothing feeling as she thought of herself now.

It was okay to like dresses.

And makeup.

Glitter.

Stars.

High heels.

It was okay with Nico. So it was okay with her.

Her mom didn't have to influence her anymore. . . Right?

"That sounds amazing." She whispered, her voice slightly raspy.

Nico gave her shoulder a small rub, sending electric feelings down Leo's body. Stomach capturing butterflies.

"Okay. Now that we have that out of the way, we should make a checklist." Nico ordered, meeting Leo's eyes again.

Leo opened her mouth, "What?" She asked, confused.

"We should make a checklist about what we need to make you a happy, amazing girl that you were meant to be at birth." Nico explained, getting off of the bed.

Leo watched Nico as he walked to a table she had in the corner.

Grabbing a random pen from a can, Nico also snagged up a spare wood plank.

"Okay, let's get started." Nico said, using the plank he had gotten as a clipboard.

Nico kneeled down on the ground, Leo joining him after a few seconds.

"First, pronouns." He told Leo. Leo nodded in agreement.

"Clothes." She added, Nico nodded.

"Hair."

"Looks in general." Nico concluded, Leo smiled at him, nodding.

"The coming out part will have to be around the last part. Because, it's quite difficult." Nico commented.

Leo tried to swallow her nerves at that thought.

"Um, name?" Leo suggested, Nico writing it down.

"And transitioning. Like, maybe when we get to camp, we could as for the Apollo kids to give you hormone treatments and such. The Hecate kids might be helpful." Nico quickly concluded, placing the pen down.

Leo gave a toothy smile at the list.

She had never been so happy in her life.

Leo's Transition List:
1. Pronouns _X_
2. Hair ___
3. Clothes ___
4. Name ___
5. Coming out ___
6. Transitioning (@ Camp) ___

The list was beautiful in her eyes.

"Now all we need to do is find a place for it to go." Leo told herself, quickly reaching for a hammer and a nail form her tool belt.

"How about over there?" Nico suggested, pointing to the only blank space she had on her walls.

Leo shrugged, then carefully put the list up. The hammer making her hands vibrate, and the list making her heart beat with excitement.

"And done!" Leo squealed.

A/n:
Anyone notice that the chapter numbers aren't in English?

Guess what.

They in ITALIAN!!!

Whoooo!! Go Nico's heritage!!

-Bridget Di Angelo, The Mug Mother ⭐️