Epilogue ~ Pretty Things

5 years later

"Dearly Beloved," Chiron spoke. Eyes sparkling as he looked at the two demigods before him. "We are gathered here today to witness the marriage between Nico Di Angelo, and Iris Julia Valdez." Iris smiled at her full name. She had yet to get used to it coming from other's mouths. No matter how much she heard it.

Nico smiled at her, their hands intertwined as Chiron continued speaking. His voice the only thing keeping Nico from loosing himself in Iris's eyes.

Iris gave a small chuckle as Chiron cracked a small joke, but otherwise remained silent. She bit her lip, and looked at her outfit.

It was a two piece outfit; she wore a long sleeves shirt. The color a pearl white, sleeves going down to her fingertips. An elastic band placed on the inside of each sleeve to "stop" the sleeve at her wrist, and letting the rest of the said sleeve slid down her hand. The rest of the shirt fit her slightly tightly.

Curving around her slowly developing form (the Hecate kids had managed to create a potion set to help her transition (it was a birthday gift from Nico)). Then, it cut off. Starting a silky skirt. The same pearl gleaming white as its color that the shirt had been. At the tips, laid white lace. Brushing against her bare ankles, and just about hiding her navy blue heels.

She felt amazing.

Today, in general, was amazing.

Nico wore a tux, a small black iris flower placed in the pocket. It was so cheesy, it was cute.

"The vows?" Chiron asked, looking at Nico. Her boy–fiancé (literally about to be husband) blushed. He took a second to look at her. Then, he squeezed her hand, and spoke his vows.

"When I met you, I was a mess." He began, "I was confused about who and what I liked. But, we met in the closet– well, quite literally. Seeing that you were crying in the closet as I stayed on the other side." He paused, and Iris let out a giggle.

"You said you liked Pretty Things. And that it was wrong; but I taught you it wasn't. And in return, you taught me something just as equal as acceptance. You taught me love, Iris, you taught me how it felt to be different– but in the best way." He smiled bashfully, and looked down at there hands.

"On June 27th, you taught me to love, you taught me how to promise. So, I promise you, Iris, that as long as I live. . . I will love you. Because you gave me what I so desperately want– needed. Admittedly, I still need you." Iris pulled away to brush a tear from her cheek. Her eyes glossed over with emotions as she looked back into Nico's eyes.

"The day you told me it was okay to like the pretty Things, it was the best day of my life. You say I taught you acceptance, but in reality, you gave me so many things after that. You gave me confidence, a soulmate, a best friend, and you gave me my list. Those are what I hold dearest to me." She sighed happily, then popped her knuckles silently.

"You are in everything on that list. You are my person–" Only Nico and Hazel caught the Grey's Anatomy reference. "– and I, to the gods above, need you with me. Without a doubt, as long as I have you– I feel infinite." Nico and Annabeth caught The Perks of Being a Wallflower reference, but Nico grinned just the same.

"Repeat after me. . ." Iris and Nico blindly repeated, stating that they'd always be with one another. In sickness or in health.

"I pronounce you husband and wife!" He beamingly exclaimed, Iris beginning to do a small dance to contain excitement. Nico wasn't much better. He let out several laughs (and "smiled too often").

"You may kiss the bride."

Chiron stated, and with that, Nico and Iris Di Angelo began their lives with each other.

The End

A/n:
And they lived happily ever after. Just kidding, they're demigods. So they had their. . . Chaotic ever after!

Love you guys, so, signing off for the last time:

Goodbye
~ BridgetDiAngelo