Ventinove ~ Pretty Things

Iris ~

"I don't know what to do." Iris admitted to Nico as she lay on his legs. Her long hair spreading over the bed and quickly turning staticky.

Nico sighed. "I don't want to push you to do anything. . ." He began.

"I know Neeks. But Jason had been on our tails for weeks now!" Iris pointed out, frustration quickly taking place of her emotions.

Nico let out a huff. "I know that!" He snapped lightly, his fingers subconsciously running themselves through Iris's hair. His fingers gently brushing her knots out.

"Maybe we should just tell them!" Iris stated. Nico looked at her, eyes soft.

"Are you sure you're ready for that?" He whispered.

Iris began to tremble. Tears collecting in her eyes as she shook her head.

"No. But what other choice do I have?!" She asked him, starting to cry.

Nico noticed this immediately and pulled her up to his chest. "It's okay." He murmured, Iris laying on his chest as she sniffled.

"I-I'm not ready, but I-I don't thi-think Jason will respect that! And I'm s-scared!" She cried, her arms wrapping themselves onto Nico's body.

"It's okay."

He soothed, face in her hair as she clung to him. "We're gonna get through this." Nico told her.

Iris gave a more violent shiver as she pulled herself closer.

"Maybe I could come out. Maybe we could say we were dating or something? I'm n-not sure. Just, make up a likable lie for a story until you're ready." Nico suggested, Iris's cries minimized to faint sniffled.

"I like you Iris." Nico whispered.

"I meant what I said when you chased away my Insecurities." Iris told Nico quietly.

Nico looked at Iris, their eyes meeting.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked hesitantly. Nervousness laced in his speech.

Iris gave him a tearful smile. "Okay." She nodded. Her response barely above a whisper.

"Okay. . ."

"Okay."

Then. It felt like Nico had just faced off her insecurities all over again.

The fear, the relief, and the excitement. All emotions bundled together in some tight sweater ball. Just waiting to he released.

So, Iris kissed him.

And all those emotions came back.

A/n:
Hey peeps! Working on this more! Yay!! I HAVE A FREAKING 116% IN MY SOCIAL STUDIES CLASS AS A GRADE!!! YESSSSSSS!!! THANKS MR McA FOR TAKING A HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT EVERYONE WAS SUPPOSE TO DO AND MAKING IT EXTRA CREDIT BECAUSE ONLY 5 KIDS DID IT!!!

- Bridget