Undici ~ Pretty Things

Leo ~

By the time midnight had rolled around, Leo was sick of everyone (but Nico) on the boat.

Coach decided it would be nice to mess with the controls so it would play some 80s Karate movies on the speakers. (The walls changing to the scenes.)

That ultimately messed Festus up. 

Not to mention Nico crying on Hazel and not giving hints to what was wrong.

Leo resisted the urge to scream as she walked down the hall, thinking about the son of Hades.

It had been only a day and she was already majorly confused by him and his actions.

But still, she was in his room at midnight like she promised.

Sitting in the bed, her bare feet swung lightly. Bumping into the gram every so often.

"So." Leo said awkwardly, "Where so we wanna start?" She questioned, looking at Nico.

He was in some plaid pants, the dark green and navy blue matching his shirt— which was a black shirt with long sleeves.

It made his eyes stunningly dark.

Nico say Indian style in his mattress, looking back at Leo.

"Well, I guess we should brainstorm some ways to come out. And maybe decide on a name for later." He said, looking at the list Leo had slowly copied (before she went to the son of Hades room).

"Yeah." Leo agreed, her eyes scanning the list.

"So, names, let's start there." Nico ordered, Leo nodding mutely.

"Give me a letter." Leo then stated.

Nico shrugged before responding.

"I don't know. Um, L? I honestly don't know."

Leo smiled. "Okay. L." She said, thinking of a list of names.

"Leona?" Nico suggested.

Leo shook her head.

"I'm not sure about Lia either. I want something different. . ." She tried to explain. Nico nodded.

"How about Rylee?" He suggested. Leo gave him a look. "Rylee?" She asked.

Nico blushed and nodded.

Leo bit her lip as she thought about it.

"Nah." She decided.

"Hm." They both pondered.

"Kaylee?"

"Nope."

"How does Onyx fit me?" Leo then asked, giving a goofy grin.

Nico smirked, laughing within a few seconds. "Onyx? Like the gem?" He questions, still laughing.

Leo have a chuckle, then mocked offense.

"I think it's a beautiful name!"

Nico slowly stopped laughing, as did Leo, and the name game began again.

"Iris?" Leo asked after a few seconds passed.

Nico raised his eyebrows.

"Like the goddess?" He asks. Leo smiled softly before answering. "No, like the Iris Agate. The gemstone." She informed him.

Nico thought silently for a moment.

"I like it. It fits." He commented.

"Oh really?" Leo— or maybe she should be calling her self Iris now— paused. "How so?" She challenged.

Nico's gave turned as red as a ruby, his body frozen.

She stared at him, prying to bet the answer out of him.

And after so many pleas, he let loose.

"Because, it's beautiful. Just like you are."

And with that, she knew she was crushing on the son of Hades.

The stupid, helpful, trusted son of Hades.

A/n:
Iris Valdez? How does that sound?

I think it sounds AMAZHANG. No middle name yet. Still thinking.
Bye!!

-Bridget Di Angelo, The Mug Mother