Face it

*edited*

(Pic of Arden above)

Chapter 2

Nevaeh's POV•

He turned around, anger clearly on his face. "What did you just say?" He growled, his eyes darkening.

"You heard me. I. Said. No."

I hate being told what to do. I hate the fact that he thinks i'll immediately submit to him and follow him around like a freakin lost puppy. I hate how he thinks he can control me. My wolf was growling at me.

You know you have to go. She said lowly.

Shut it. I bit back.

Surprisingly, she did. I returned my focus back on Arden.

"I'm not going anywhere."

He narrowed his eyes and walked towards me, I could feel his breathing on my neck. He brushed his lips against my ear and I shivered.

"Vae, babygirl." He purred so softly I wanted to coo.

His lips trailed down my neck until he found my sweet spot and began sucking, kissing, nibbling, nipping at it. I let out a small noise. I was melting, and the bad part was I loved every second of it.

His lips attacked the spot he was to mark me, and my wolf purred in delight. She wanted this, and the scary part was I did too. My arms looped around his neck and  a whimper slipped out of my mouth. Goddess I wanted this so badly, I wanted him to claim me. I needed to be his.

He smirked, clearly amused on the effect he had on me, until suddenly he bit me. Hard. His canines sunk into the delicate skin and I yelped in pain. When he released I jumped away, wide eyed. Part of me was surprised he actually did it. My fingers went to my now bleeding neck and I bolted to the bathroom. The mark had now changed into a pure black crescent. With the initials A.B. I heard someone growl and I turned my head to face Arden.

"You bit me."

"No, I marked you as mine, there's a difference. Besides the fact I could hear your heartbeat racing, my wolf sensed your wolf purring in delight. You wanted this."

"That doesn't matter! You still fricking bit me!"

His expression dropped, his eyes darkened.

"I had to babe."

"Clearly." I said sarcastically. My words were bitter, dripping with poison. He gave me a pitiful look.

"I'm sorry babe-"

"Don't you apologize. I understand where you're coming from Arden, there are just some things you'll never understand. I've been hurt before and I'm terrified that you'll do the same." I spit out, then I ran back to my bedroom, slamming the door shut.

"Baby please."

I turned around, there stood Arden. I groaned. "Please just go."

"I can't."

"Yes you can."

"No I can't!"

He grabbed me by my hips, getting close to my face.

"Because I need to protect you, and I know that we just met but, I love you Nevaeh."

My jaw dropped. Bad timing.. his face dropped and he looked down. That wasn't the reaction he was looking for. He let me go and stepped backwards, his eyes containing so many different emotions, one stood out to me. Vulnerable.

"I'm just gonna go.."

He turned around and tears gathered in my eyes, I was shaking. No one had ever said that to me. Not my mother. Not my father, who I dare not talk about. Not my sister. No one.

"Arden." He turned around, tears ran down his face and I was struck with guilt for waiting so long.

"I love you too babe." I ran forward and buried my face into his chest, wrapping my arms around his neck. I inhaled. His arms folded around me and I felt so complete and happy, this perfect guy was my other half. There was no doubt about it. I knew he adored me, and I was crazy about him.

I just met him though. There are some things he won't understand, some things I won't be able to explain easily to him. He will want to know at one point. The moment that it will come will be earth shattering. My one issue? I don't know if I'll ever me able to let him tear my walls down. Let him in and tell him my memories, my scars, my secrets.

Especially about my magic.