Defiant Heart

*Edited*

Chapter 4

Arden's POV

I woke up to the sun shining directly into my eyes, causing me to groan and turn my head towards the weight on my arm. I was instantly calm, Nevaeh. Her addicting scent was spread all across my room; lavender and rain.

She was pressed against me, my arm draped across her small frame. I hadn't even realized that she too was awake until she gave a small growl and flung my arm off of her and she sat up, sliding out of bed. My arm instantly looped around her waist, and I groaned.

"Too early." I mumbled, pulling her back into bed. My arms folded over her perfectly, but also locked Vae into place. Wiggling underneath my grasp, she attempted to get away, but failed miserably which made me chuckle.

"I said too early." I said in a husky voice. Her eyes shot up to meet mine. Her body tensed up which made me upset. Why did I still scare her?

With a sigh I let her go, and she jumped up, her heart was racing. Why do we scare her? My wolf, Solar, growled.

I only shrugged at him.

I was so caught up in talking to my wolf that I hadn't noticed my mate crawl back into bed and sit on my chest. When I did notice, my hands gripped her hips lightly and I smiled.

"What's up?" I asked, and she smirked devilishly.

"You wanna know what sucks?" She asked curtly, a smirk still playing on her lips. I just shook my head at her, confusion spreading across my face.

"Karma's a bitch." She giggled, before bending down and sinking her canines into my neck.

Nevaeh's POV

When I finally pulled back the same black crescent was there, with the initials J.R. He was staring at me in shock.

His blood trailed down my chin, and I quickly wiped it off with a smirk. He sat up pressing his fingers to his bleeding wound.

"Why did you bite me?" His voice was barely audible.

"I marked you, there's a difference." I said, mocking what he had told me before. Which happened to be the same exact thing.

He smiled slightly and leaned forward, pressing his lips onto mine. Before I could react he pulled back, his smile widened.

"I love you so much Nevaeh Grace." He murmured, leaning forward to kiss me again.

When he pulled back I laughed, and in one second I grabbed a pillow and smacked him in the face with the feathery furniture.

He fell backwards and his head slightly hit the headboard with a loud crack, I widened my eyes, expecting to of hurt him, before I too was smacked with a pillow, I fell backwards and tumbled off the bed.

He chuckled at me, leaning down to look at me. I blinked rapidly before looking up at him.

The bedroom door swung open and in walked a taller male, who only glanced at me, before turning his attention to Arden. Me? I was still laying on the floor.

"Hello Alpha."

"Hunter." Arden replied, nodding his head towards the male.

Before speaking, the stranger, or Hunter, looked at me in worry. Clearly confused on who I was.

"Who's the she-wolf?"

Arden narrowed his eyes and stood up, grabbed my hand, and helped me up. His eyes never leaving Hunters. Gingerly, he placed me in front of him and looped his arms around my waist, a small growl slipping out of his mouth.