Fulfilling the Luna Role

*edited*

Chapter 8

Nevaeh's POV

I woke up to the sounds of barking. Sitting up, I rubbed my eyes and turned my head.

"Hey Ar-"

Arden wasn't here. His side wasn't touched. He never came home. I felt panic rise. Bile rose in my throat, I was hyperventilating. My heartbeat started to race and my wolf was itching to come out. My anxiety was getting the best of me, I knew it was, but it was like I couldn't focus on calming myself down. I jumped from conclusion to conclusion in my head, making me panic even more.

Jumping to my feet, I shrugged on one of Arden's hoodies over my shivering body. I was wearing these shorts and a slight crop top. Without even putting on my shoes I bolted downstairs and outside.

"Luna-"

"Luna are you okay?"

"Morning Luna! Wait-"

People shouted at me, I just kept running towards the forest where Arden had said he'd be patrolling. I let out a whine.

"Luna wait up!"

I whirled around, my eyes flashing to silver, then gold, then back to normal. That happened when I was upset or angry, at least ever since learned about being the Onyx Luna.

"No! Stay back." I snarled, pulling my lips back to reveal my canines.

The women's eyes widened, as she watched me. My sister ran into view, her blonde hair was a mess and her hazel eyes were dazed. She was tired, still wearing her pajamas. Her eyes widened upon seeing me.

"Nevaeh?"

I collapsed to the ground. My bones snapping, they rearranged themselves in a way that hasn't happened before. I screamed. What the heck?!

I howled in pain, tears running down my face.

Suddenly, strong arms held me closely to their chest, a strong aroma filling the air. I breathed it in, then screamed again. People came running, their eyes wide with terror.

Until suddenly it stopped. I was still human.

I opened my eyes, feeling the slight pain in my shoulder blades.

"Mi amor?"

I tilted my head back to look at Arden. Anger filling my face.

"Where the HELL were you?! You gave me a panic attack!" I yelled, my eyes turning gold.

"Vae -"

"No! Don't you EVER fucking do that to me again!"

"Nevaeh!"

"WHAT?!"

"You have wings."

My mouth gaped open and I turned my head, my eyes widening. I did have wings.

(This is what the WINGS look like, that's not Vae

(This is what the WINGS look like, that's not Vae.)

Arden watched me carefully, slowly setting me down on the ground.

Murmurs were heard from around the pack. My eyes darted around.

"What is it?" I asked allowed, and they just kinda froze.

My sister stepped forward, ever so slowly.

"The Onyx Luna isn't suppose to have wings in human form Vae."

I whipped my head towards Arden.

"Is this true?." I asked softly, he just nodded.

"You are the Onyx Luna. I'm not sure why you have the wings in human form but I'm guessing you are just more special then we had planned." He whispered.

"How can I be more special? The prophecy said-"

"The prophecy was wrong babe."

"How?! It cannot be wrong! I'm not suppose to have these wings!" I cried in frustration, my eyes darkening.

An elder stepped forward.

"No. You are developing correctly I promise you that, soon over time the wings will disappear off of your human side and latch onto one of your wolves. It was just slightly messed up in the process but I can't assure you it'll fix itself." She said carefully, I nodded at her.

"When will it fix itself?"

"Whenever it chooses to my dear. When the timing is right."

                   ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Arden, Addi, and I all walked home, I kept my wings tucked to my back. Hoping. Praying that they would disappear, sadly they didn't.

I guess it'll have to take longer then that. I sighed, kicking a rock and watched it tumble into a puddle.

"You already knew about your powers didn't you?"

Arden broke the silence, and ever so slowly I looked up at him. The look he gave me made me nod.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Arden. I was afraid you'd use me for my magic, and I'll never be used again. I was scared you'd reject me, I'm not perfect I know-"

"You are perfect in every way to me Mi amor. I can promise you that, I'll never leave you. You are mine as I am yours."

For those of you wanting to know what Addison looks like, here