Chapter Six

Preston's wish was granted. Work went by quickly and he couldn't wait to get home. A few minutes after he got off, his phone buzzed. Out of habit, he checked it.

HethinksI'mcute: Nerris let me off early
HethinksI'mcute: can't wait to see you ❤

The auburn haired male smiled, unlocking the car door. He sent his love a reply.

FuckingAdorable: Be there soon ❤

He quickly drove off, being somewhat mindful of the speed limit. He made it in record time- thirteen minutes, to be exact. With an exhausted sigh, he parked the silver saturn and climbed out.

The bell chimed as he wandered in. Nerris waved to him and disappeared around the corner. A short while later, Max came out looking just as tired.

Preston offered him a weak smile. "Ready to go home?"

"Hell yeah," the teenager mumbled. He walked over to the taller boy and hugged onto his arm. The playwright chuckled quietly. "Let's g-"

He was cut off by a crash outside. The three jumped at the sound. Nerris froze. "Please tell me that wasn't what I think it was."

The eldest's eyes widened and worry flashed in them. "And please tell me it wasn't my car."

Max took a peek out the window and gulped. "Um... What if I told you it was?"